- Career advice
- Work for us
- Contract & temp work
- About us
- Contact us
Head of Education
Are you an experienced Educational professional? Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity in Malaysia?
My client is looking to recruit for a Head of Education in Malaysia for a leading global organisation. This role is based in Kuala Lumpur.
- Establish and implement an Education Strategic Development Plan that scopes and aligns education and business priorities and targets in Malaysia and South East Asia
- Identify key education priorities for further development and improvement of operations in Malaysia and throughout South East Asia
- Establish and implement education policy and practice for Malaysia and South East Asia
- Monitor each school's (Malaysia) development and improvement plans to ensure they are aligned with the overall Education Strategic Plan for Malaysia. Provide feedback, advice and support where required.
- Develop a programme to support, monitor and evaluate each school's performance through school self-review processes across all of the clients operations in Malaysia and South East Asia.
- Monitor, evaluate, provide feedback and support to schools for the effective implementation of agreed curricular
- Advise the Regional Director on all academic matters
- Furnish periodic updates/reports on key academic matters
- Ensure easy and rapid availability reliable school-related data for informed decision-making.
- Establish positive working relationships with key government education decision-makers in Malaysia and throughout South East Asia
- Establish standard operating procedures and practices within the Education department in Malaysia
- Identify training needs and organize professional development of teachers and other academic staff
- Develop and implement a school-based professional development programme that impacts positively on student outcomes
- Streamline the examination system across region by developing a structured process/procedure
- Monitor and further develop and improve the school libraries within the region
- In close collaboration with internal stakeholders, design and Implement tracking mechanisms to obtain feedback from parents in order to address academic concerns at school and management levels
The ideal candidate has:
- A degree in education, educational leadership, management and administration up to Master's level (preferred).
- An understanding of international curricula (CIE/IPC) and play- & project-based learning
- A minimum of 12-15 years of overall experience in education, of which at least 5 years as a teacher and over 8 years in education leadership and management roles
- Intellectual, commercial and social presence to act at senior level as the clients educational representative in the region
- Demonstrated leadership qualities balanced with strong interpersonal skills; genuinely able to nurture links and relationships with key players in Malaysia and South East Asia
- An incisive grasp of business intelligence and project management, blended with a 'self-starter' capacity to communicate succinctly and achieve results
- Openness, initiative , integrity and sound professional judgment
- Research and analytical skills
- Strong IT skills
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.