- Career advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Contact us
Residential Childcare Assessor
Do you have a background in residential childcare? Are you a qualified assessor?
My client is looking for an experienced and qualified coach/assessor to join their team in the East Midlands. Someone with experience of delivering the CYPW (Residential pathway) framework or desirably the new Residential Childcare standard would be ideal for this post.
Assessment, Advice & Guidance
- To fully induct learners onto the correct programme in line with company procedure.
- To provide appropriate ongoing advice & guidance to learners and employers within remit of own role
- To be responsible for and effectively manage a caseload/cohort of learners, ensuring performance targets are achieved and ensuring learners complete their qualification within agreed timescales.
- To ensure a minimum of monthly contact is maintained with learners
- To review learner progress every 10-12 weeks and set SMART objectives.
- To liaise with learners` managers to ensure that the learners' training and development needs are met.
- To give progress reports to the learner's manager to promote effective communication and positive working relationships.
- To carry out holistic assessment and sign off units on an ongoing basis as competence is demonstrated.
- To deliver relevant training to learners to support underpinning knowledge of QCF and BTEC qualifications, Functional Skills and Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
- To design lesson plans, schemes of work and training resources to meet needs of learners.
Safeguarding & Equal Opportunities
- To ensure own health, safety and welfare at work and monitor the health and safety of work placements, reporting any relevant issues to line manager.
- To assist with the vetting of health and safety and equal opportunities monitoring within remote workplaces where required.
- To comply with company health & safety policies, procedures, practices and risk assessments and report any concerns or necessary changes.
- To comply with the company's Safeguarding policy, Equality & Diversity policy and associated procedures.
- To comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Act and company confidentiality procedure.
Continuing Personal Development (CPD)
- To attend and actively participate in standardisation meetings.
- To keep own knowledge and occupational practice up to date and maintain up to date records of continued professional development.
- To contribute towards the development of colleagues through delivering workshops or training sessions in own area of expertise.
- To attend any identified training to enable role to be carried out
- To participate in the staff supervision, appraisal and development system and agree objectives with the line manager and ensure they are achieved.
- To plan and prioritise own workload to ensure positive outcomes and work to a consistently high standard.
- To comply with all company policies, procedures and codes of conduct.
- To participate in sales and PR events and to promote a positive company image, being able to respond to business opportunities
- To provide relevant management information as required, including maintaining an accurate and up to date diary.
- To ensure administrative procedures are followed at all times
- To attend and participate in meetings and to produce reports as requested
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required.
Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement or equivalent ( A1 /A2 or TDLB Units D32/33)- Essential
Relevant vocational qualification in area of occupational competence- Essential
A recognised Level 3 teaching qualification ( PTLLS, L3 Award in Education & Training) or above- Desirable
Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes or equivalent (TDLB Unit D34 or V1 Internal Verifier award)- Desirable
Level 2 Functional skills in Maths & English or equivalent- Desirable
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.