- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- Contract & temp work
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
We have an exciting for one of our growing clients, based in their Cheshire branch.
We're recruiting a Progression Advisor to join our client's amazing National Careers Service Team.
Are you passionate about working with people and being part of their journey to find suitable employment and to progress their careers, if so then we'd love to hear from you.
As a Progression Advisor you'll address barriers to gaining employment, improving skills, or progressing participants within their careers through tailored support and interventions. You'll be a motivational adviser and be able to build positive relationships, guide, inspire, challenge, encourage and help individuals create and sustain employment and learning opportunities.
Our ideal candidate will have Level 6 qualification in Careers, Information, Advice and Guidance. Level 4 would be considered for candidates with significant experience of National Careers Service delivery.
We need your skills to empower and encourage participants to create a career skills action plan and support them in their learning and development whilst monitoring their progress to build their confidence throughout their journey to success.
This is a rewarding role that will allow you to utilise your current skills to influence, support and encourages others to build a future, and will also allow us to become better with your unique experiences.
As an organisation we deliver a range of Employability & Skills contracts. This job role forms part of our National Careers Service scheme
Join us and be proud to help our communities and be part of the recovery ensuring no one is left behind.
In return for your dedication, knowledge, and commitment, we're offering a competitive salary range £26,500 to £29,545 p.a. (dependent on experience) with these great benefits:
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays + Birthday Day off (with the opportunity to buy additional days)
- 2 Volunteer Days
- Company Pension Scheme - 5% Employee 5% Employer
- Health Insurance Allowance
- Employer Paid Healthcare Cash Plan, incl. 3 x salary life assurance
- Annual Salary Increase
- Enhanced Maternity/Adoption and Paternity Pay Arrangements
- Free access to BenefitHub - an online portal with access to a wide range of retail discounts, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Tax Saver Commuter Tickets
- Refer a Friend Scheme
Interested? There's an easy to apply route below to upload your CV!
Our client is an employee-owned organisation and we continually pride ourselves on our sense of community, both in the incredible work we do throughout UK and Ireland, and internally within our strong team. People are at the front, centre and heart of every service we provide and each decision we make.
Hours: 37 hours a week. Monday to Thursday 8.30 am to 5pm, Friday 8.30 am to 4.30pm
Closing Date: 2 March 2023
- Meet, and strive to exceed, personal performance targets (Key Performance Indicators) relating to number of customers supported into employment, learning or career progression.
- Manage a caseload of customers keeping them informed on job and learning opportunities related to their career aspirations in their local area
- Deliver further empowering career interventions, via telephone and digital methods, to compliment and develop existing careers skills action plans with SMART goals and actions to support customer progression and aspirations.
- Maintain a consistent and effective tracking cycle to deliver a positive experience to customers, ensuring they engage with you to keep their personal Careers and Skills action plan relevant and updated
Skills and Experience
- Level 6 qualification in Careers, Information, Advice and Guidance. Level 4 would be considered for candidates with significant experience of National Careers Service delivery
- A good working knowledge of the local labour market in the specified geographical locations
- Fully IT literate in using a range of Microsoft Office programmes to include 365 products and modern digital technologies, i.e., Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business
- Experience of working in a target driven environment
- Experience of delivering services to meet contractual and quality standards
- Full driving license to enable deployment across a specified geographical area (region), when required