- Career advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Contact us
Are you an experienced English Teacher? Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in Saudi Arabia?
Teaching and Learning Coaches will be responsible for supporting teaching staff individually and in teams to improve and to achieve outstanding teaching and learning practice. You will focus on the development of teacher practice and how it impacts student learning by implementing and guiding job-embedded professional development that is standards-based and results-driven
Specific Duties of this post:
- To work with teaching staff and support a culture of openness and ambition for excellence in teaching, learning and assessment practice
- To undertake lesson observations (ungraded and graded) and the creation of aligned action plans
- To deploy a range of coaching methods, and to develop reflective practice in all teaching staff
- To lead the improvements in standards of teaching, learning and assessment improving student experience and outcomes
- Identify staff members who are not progressing or not showing willingness to change
Main responsibilities of this post:
- Work closely with the ILE senior management team to develop and deliver the strategic objectives of the CBC project with specific leadership responsibilities for teaching and learning
- Work collaboratively with other ILE coaches in the college to further the improvement agenda
- To be able to affect change outcomes through influencing and gaining buy-in from incumbent staff members.
- To guide and facilitate:
- Be involved with, and take a lead where appropriate, on the development of Teaching, Learning and Assessment cours content and material development.
- Planning and delivery of on-going, job embedded continuing professional development of the colleges Teaching staff, where teaching staff support each other's professional growth and focus on the colleges unique goals and needs.
- Lead training sessions on Teaching, Learning and Assessment
- Team and classroom collaboration which produces shared understandings and thoughtful development of reflective practice.
- Purposefully made instructional decisions (standards based instruction and assessment; differentiation; analysis of student work; effective feedback)
- Promote collaboration of teaching staff, to monitor effectively and adjust delivery so that equity is assured and so that all students meeting rigorous standards with a focus on planning, teaching, and achievement.
- Undertake job-embedded professional learning, such as mentoring, coaching, feedback, study groups, peer observation, and learning teams.
- Lead the development of new learning strategies and support the effective use of learning technologies.
- Recognised Teaching qualification such as PCGE or equivalent Teaching qualification such as qualified teacher status in home country (desirable)
- Relevant BA/BSc (essential)
- MA/MSc (essential) ideally in Applied Linguistics
- Coaching qualifications (desirable)
Knowledge & Experience
- At least 5 years' relevant experience in developed country (essential)
- At least 5 years' Teaching English at in FE/HE (EFL/ESL) (essential)
- At least 3 years' years Supervisory experience (desirable)
- Proven experience of managing change, engaging others with a focus on successful outcomes for students
- Native English speaker
- Energetic, dynamic and solution focussed
- Highly developed interpersonal, motivational and influencing skills
- Demonstrate professionalism, credibility and authority in managing teaching, learning and assessment in a fully supportive and engaging manner
- Demonstrable skills in the delivery of outstanding learning, teaching and assessment practice
- Proven track record of continuous professional development
- Record of outstanding teaching practice
- Willingness to learn, improve and adapt
In return you will receive:
A Total package of £49,000
Medical Health Care Insurance
For more information or to apply, please email Marianne.email@example.com
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.