- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- Contract & temp work
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
Are you a motivational adviser, who can guide, inspire, challenge, encourage and help individuals obtain sustainable employment?
In this role, you will provide a direct Information Advice and Guidance service to residents in Leicester Prison through a mixture of 1:1 and group interventions. The Careers Advisor will support resident's induction into the prison, will provide impartial and accurate information, advice and guidance on the education and training qualifications and employment activities within the establishment, linked to the achievement of both in-custody and through the gate career aspirations.
- Manage a resident caseload, supporting the achievement of personal and team targets
- Identify the short, medium and long-term skills, and goals to meet the individual needs of residents and creating learning development plans,
- Build on previous work experience and educational attainments and continually support residents to progress to ensure that realistic career aspirations can be set and achieved.
- Record all interactions with residents on IT systems and updating case notes
- Prepare and deliver lesson plans for sessions on CV's, Interview Skills, Assessment Centre Training and addressing barriers to employment.
- Engage and motivate residents to encourage use of the service.
- Work in partnership with the Employer Engagement team to organise employer engagement activities for residents whilst in custody and on release.
- Work with colleagues to assist resident's progression towards qualifications, and movement into employment.
We are looking for individuals that have the following:
- A minimum level 3 qualification in Information, Advice and Guidance/Careers Guidance.
- Proven experience working in Employability, recruitment or customer services roles
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently
- Good IT Skills
- Great communications skills and a personable approach
- A willingness to work in a prison environment
The role is permanent and can be offered with flexible hours between 30 and 37.5 per week and flexible start and finish times. The salary is between £23,000 and £26,000 and the company offers the following benefits package:
- Level 6 qualification fully funded
- 25 days Annual leave
- 2 days paid each year for charity work or life events
- Share Scheme
- Healthcare Cash plan
- Shopping discounts
- Contributory pension
- Parking subsidy
Please note that prison vetting is required.
For an informal discussion about the role please call Katharine Winter at Alderwood Recruitment on 01489 873492 and if you would like to apply for the role please email your updated CV.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.