- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- Contract & temp work
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
Bus and Coach Tutor
Are you a qualified Bus and Coach Mechanic? Are you looking for a new opportunity for a leading Training provider in London?
We are looking to recruit a Tutor (Learning Coach) who will be responsible for delivering learning and supporting apprentices that work for a leading bus company which operates out of a Training centre in Greenford, London.
This post is offered on a permanent basis, working 37 hours per week, however consideration will be given to any part time applications.
- Manage and maintain a caseload of learners as agreed with your line manager and carry out regular learner interventions
- Ensure evidence for learning, achievement, funding and Ofsted is captured effectively and timely Including:
- 20% OJT requirements are fully met and recorded as per procedure
- Learners achieve the highest grade in EPA they are capable of
- Individualised learning programmes, agreed with employer and learner based on initial assessments and including Maths and English
- Engage the learner's line manager, making clear their responsibilities and working collaboratively to provide support, guidance and opportunities for learning
- Plan the end point assessment process with learners and employers, ensuring preparation and practice is included in the learning plan
- Inspire and motivate learners and identify any barriers and adapt to your learners' needs
- Motivate and drive learners to achieve their qualifications on time.
- Deliver Maths and English (and ICT where applicable), to support the learner's achievement and progress in these areas
- Ensure marking and feedback to the learner is accurate and supports their development
- Work closely with IQA's on best practice, development needs and providing sampling, monitoring as detailed in the IQA plan.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with employers ensuring progression and new leads are generated
- Produce accurate and timely reports as agreed with your line manager based on your KPI's
- Contribute to the production of high-quality learning materials
- Living the values of the Group through positive behaviours and attitude
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Relevant occupational sector experience and relevant qualifications (at a level higher than delivery), and/or current updated CPD
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English, Maths and ICT or equivalent, or willing to undertake
- Ability to deliver high quality, effective coaching that meets learner needs
- Excellent level of skills in written and oral and presentational areas, understanding the importance of focus on the audience to support learning
- Ability to plan, paying attention to detail and a track record in developing and delivering robust, effective, prioritised plans which achieve KPIs and strategic aims
- Proactively drive learner performance and engagement
- To be customer focused, having the ability to present Total People in a positive manner, persuading and influencing where necessary
- Seeks continuous improvement - seeks to improve processes and implement and embed changes
- Coaching qualification
- TAQA, AVA, A1 or D32/33 Assessor Qualification
- Knowledge of Government funded training
- £36,000 - £40,000 DOE
- All equipment is provided to complete the role
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Development opportunities through our own in-house programmes and recognised qualifications
For more information or to apply, please email