- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- Contract & temp work
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
Are you looking for a HR Manager role? Would you like to help shape the organisation?
Firebrand Training is an award-winning provider of accelerated training courses, specialising in the IT and project management sectors. Since starting in the UK in 2001, the company is now turning over £20m+/annum globally, and operating in four regions plus in the Apprenticeship sector in the UK. The group now employs over 180 people worldwide, over 140 of whom are based in the UK. Staff are spread across two main centres in London & Bedfordshire, with a number of staff permanently based from home.
Due to the growth of the business, the opportunity has arisen for an aspiring HR professional to join the team and take over the day-to-day management of the HR function. This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to not only take over existing processes from the incumbent Finance/HR team but also drive forward change and make the HR function a proactive rather than reactive one.
This is an all-encompassing role that includes both administration and management responsibilities including but not limited to the below:
* Working with RPO (Recruitment Process Outsourcing) Provider to manage onboarding of new hires
* Update & manage internal staff onboarding processes to ensure that all staff experience a first-class welcome and induction to the company
* Support line managers with day to day HR related queries and performance/disciplinary issues
* Work with line managers to identify and support staff training, CPD and progression requirements, including Salary benchmarking
* Review and manage staff performance review process
* Review and maintain internal HR policies and manage roll-out (With support from existing HR consultants where required)
* Review and maintain internal Job Descriptions
* Manage Employment related compliance
* Be an Independent person for staff to go to when needed
* Ensure consistent treatment of staff across the business and work to ensure engagement remains high
* Day to Day HR Administration including but not limited to:
* Absence Recording & HR System administration
* Employee Terms update and contract management
* Probation, Return to work process management & internal administration of DBS registers
* Long Service awards ordering
* Benefits management
* Work with internal instructor management team on IR35 and other contractual compliance
What we're looking for
Key attributes of candidate
* Fit in with Company values and culture
* Ability to multi-task and communicate with staff at all levels
* Be willing to manage tasks at variety of levels
* Be efficient and well-organised