- Career advice
- Contract & temp work
- About us
- Contact us
Support Worker - Mental Health & Learning Disabilities
Do you have a passion for supporting and helping others? Have you considered a job as a Support Worker, offering rewarding & crucial at-home & community based care?
No experience necessary!
You must have a passion to help others. You will receive formal on-job training & qualifications in your new journey as a support worker.
One of London's largest charities providing at-home and community based support to Mental Health & Learning Disability service users are expanding their Support Worker team.
The organisation have an impressive history, offering support across multiple London boroughs.
Employment type: Permanent
Hours: 37.5 a week (Morning, evening, sleep-ins, weekends and bank holidays)
The role of a support worker:
- Making a difference to the lives of those you support
- Support with everyday tasks to maximise the individuals independence
- Undertake various levels of personal care and manual handling
- Provide life changing care and support to your service users.
Candidates do not need experience working in the Health & Social care sector. Full on-job training is provided and support is offered to obtaining a Health & Social Care qualification.
- Able to motivate others & build confidence.
- Practical, adaptable and organised
- Interest in helping mental health service users obtain independence in their day to day lives
- Clear DBS - no convictions or cautions
Salary and benefits:
- £19,743 salary per annum
- 33 days annual leave
- Travel season ticket loan
- Funded learning opportunities
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.