- Career advice
- Contract & temp work
- About us
- Contact us
Sport and Public Services Lecturer
Are you a qualified and experienced Sport and Public Services Lecturer? Are you looking for a new job opportunity with a leading College Group?
You will be a Lecturer in Sport and Public Services who will deliver consistently good or better teaching sessions, incorporating an effective range of learning strategies that enable outstanding learning outcomes for all students.
- Deliver consistently good or better teaching sessions, incorporating an effective range of learning strategies that enable outstanding learning outcomes for all our students
- Maintain high expectations of students, working with them to raise their ambition and aspiration, ensuring they realise their full potential
- Deliver an appropriate blend of learning opportunities, making effective use of technology both within the classroom and via online and independent learning
- Undertake all aspects of student assessment including internal verification and liaison with external verifiers and awarding bodies as required
- Act as a course team leader for designated courses, maintaining up to date student records and delivering against agreed student retention, attendance, success, satisfaction and outcome measures
- Provide both academic and pastoral support for your students, supporting them to achieve their destination ambition
- Comply with the college's Maths and English strategy, maintaining your ability to embed both subjects into your teaching practice
- Work with colleagues responsible for both transformation and student services to deliver an overall student experience, which engages, inspires and prepares students for the world of work
- Work with the Head of Curriculum and Quality colleagues to continually strive for excellence and improve standards in teaching and learning across the academy.
- Engage proactively with internal and external stakeholders to maximise opportunities for employer engagement in the learning process
- An enthusiasm for working with young people and confidence at leading education activities and demonstrations
- Experience of delivering programmes to young people - for example coaching and/or mentoring, formal and informal education activities. Experience of a STEM related area would be an advantage
- A customer focussed approach with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven organisational skills and be relied on to work under your own initiative
- Good IT skills, GCSE A* to C or equivalent in maths and English
- Enjoy working as part of a small team
- An ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines, flexible and able to adapt quickly and creatively to new situations
In return, you will receive: £25K - £28K, plus pension and performance related pay.
For more information or to apply, please email Marianne.email@example.com
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.