- Career advice
- Contract & temp work
- About us
- Contact us
Functional Skills Tutor - North West
Are you a qualified Tutor? Do you have experience delivering Functional Skills up to level 2?
Alderwood are recruiting for a leading Health Care Training Provider in the UK, they are currently looking for a motivated Functional Skills Tutor, supporting learners with their apprenticeship programmes.
- Deliver functional skills in line with the core curriculum to meet individual needs.
- Develop and adapt resources to suit individual learner requirements.
- Set assignments to progress the individual, monitoring, and reviewing these targets against their agreed learning plan.
- Prepare lesson plans, schemes of work, developing the curriculum offer, working with small groups and working on a one to one basis.
- Use interactive resources and innovation to engage, stimulate, motivate and challenge individuals to meet their agreed English & Mathematics targets.
- Monitor attendance of learners on the provision liaising with other personnel where applicable.
- Maintain documentation systems relevant to the progress of the individual ensuring reviews and learning plan accurately reflect learner targets, reviews and progression.
- Attend and contribute to monthly team, curriculum and standardisation meetings.
- Maintain confidentiality always and ensure that company information is not disclosed to third parties.
- Undertake ad hoc duties as may be required by senior management commensurate with the grade of the position held.
- Carry out own personal development as a learning practitioner and CPD updates to meet industry requirements.
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of all learners and colleagues you are responsible for or encounter.
- Consistently demonstrate the business values.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
Essential Criteria Required:
- Good understanding of quality assurance systems
- In-depth knowledge of work- based learning (apprenticeships) and/or learning and development in a corporate setting
- Capability of following Assessment Processes (Functional Skills Level 2)
- Experience of working with and meeting performance targets
- Ability to work productively with initiative and drive output within timescales whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality
- Proficient communication and presentation skills
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload
- Strong coaching ability and colleague development
- Well-developed interpersonal and motivational skills
- Able to achieve deadlines and targets
- Good Microsoft Office skills
- Experience of remote working
Qualification and Training:
- Teaching Qualification
- Assessor Award
- Functional skills at level 2 for Maths, English
- English or Maths Degree
- Internal Verification Award
- Coaching Qualification
- If you are interested in applying, please speak to Aishah Wicken. Tel 01489 898 109 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.