- Career advice
- Contract & temp work
- About us
- Contact us
Health care Assessor - Worthing
Full time perm Health care assessor to deliver up to level 5 standards across Worthing, Redhill and Dartford.
To manage, support, teach, and assess candidates whilst they are working towards their apprenticeships or stand-alone diplomas. To develop, design, deliver and evaluate training and professional development opportunities. To monitor the work of allocated learners to ensure that they are applying the standards and making ongoing progress and to converse and actively engage the employers with progress reports and reviews. Caseload of 45 learners.
Principal Duties Include:
- Support learners through the vocational qualification process by thoroughly preparing them, giving them advice and guidance and providing appropriate robust feedback. This will include:
- Explaining the RQF assessment process to learners
- Preparing learners for assessment and end-point assessment
- Recording assessment decisions in a timely manner
- Drawing up and reviewing assessment plans
- Making judgements and assessment decisions on candidate's evidence
- Achievement of completed Apprenticeship awards within agreed timescales of 1 year and 1 month and preparation of learners for the End-point assessment.
- Carrying out assessments and maintaining assessment records in line with regulatory body and organisational requirements through the use of SMART assessment practice and detailed recording of achievement and support.
- Ensuring candidate face to face contact is maintained monthly with clear learning, teaching, IAG and support provided, completing monthly progress reports and updates on the Onefile system in accordance with agreed organisational procedures
- Monitoring and reporting any aspects of candidate dissatisfaction and / or feedback given in connection with the award programme, any changes in contact details and employer etc.
- Ensuring health & safety, environmental protection and equal opportunity procedures are applied within assessment arrangements.
- Ensuring that candidates successfully achieve awards within agreed timescales and are supported with provision of training and IAG.
- Conducting assessment learning and support monthly and 10-week progress reviews of awards with each learner and employer in line with regulatory, funding body and organisational requirements
- Developing resources to support learning as required and sharing best practice within the team and organisation.
- Providing equal opportunities for assessment - being flexible in working hours to meet the needs of the learners, promoting the rights of learners and accessing relevant support materials and referrals as may be required to support learning.
- Preparing and delivering training / RQF induction across all areas of own occupational competence
- Delivering and providing training and guidance to learners to achieve functional skills, RQF and standards.
- Developing self in line with occupational standards, maintaining knowledge in relevant fields at all times
- Update and complete daily diary online and mobile app location for health and safety.
- Attend monthly one to one supervision to review learner progress as support with the vocational training manager.
- Any other duties which are consistent with the grade and purpose of the job role.
- Keep an up to date log of CPD and your application of CPD in your practice, knowledge and skills.
- Meet organisational KPI's of 90% for learner reviews, on target learners and completion rates
It must be understood that every employee has a responsibility to ensure that all work undertaken is carried out in a way that complies with the company's policies, procedures, quality standards and codes of practice. This includes an obligation to show due regard for Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities, confidentiality and the highest standards of customer care.
All employees are also expected to actively participate in supervision, the identification of their own training needs and attendance at any appropriate training events.
20 days annual leave + BH, rising to 25 days after 6 month probation
£25,000pa rising to £27,000pa after probation
30p per mile business mileage
working home and field based
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.