- Career advice
- Contract & temp work
- About us
- Contact us
Our client is looking to recruit two experienced case workers to support people with a history of addiction to realise their potential and make employment, training or education a foundation of their recovery.
Our client is looking to recruit two experienced case workers to support people with a history of addiction to realise their potential and make employment, training or education a foundation of their recovery. These roles are being offered on a 12 month FTC and is based in Birmingham.
Working in partnership with national charity Change Grow Live (CGL), you will be work across two of the city's four hubs, co-located with recovery workers promoting the benefits of work and education to people's wellbeing.
- People in treatment services for alcohol or drug dependency, substance misuse treatment providers (e.g. CRI, Addiction etc.), HMP Prison Services, National Probation Service and Community Rehabilitation Company, Employers, education and training providers and specialist support agencies and colleagues within the Manchester Growth Company.
There is no line management or budget responsibilities associated directly with this role.
- Work as part of a team to co-ordinate and deliver advice, guidance and training interventions that meet the needs of customers in treatment services in order to support the achievement of skills (including certification) and progression to employment, training and education.
- Establish and deliver both one to one and group activities as part of customer interventions (including initial assessments, inductions and job search sessions)
- Contribute to making contact and establishing relationships with new customers and assist them to understand the benefits of Work Solutions' services and to ensure customers are always made aware of their JSA or ESA agreement when attending appointments.
- Deliver one to one interventions at induction and assessment and subsequent follow up appointments in order to:
- identify individual learning needs;
- plan training and other interventions for each client;
- develop interaction with clients;
- enable customers to access and use information;
- record discussions and training sessions and co-ordinate further activity with client;
- provide support for the client in implementing future courses of action;
Participate in other activities that support the work of the team and Work Solutions.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate experience in:
- Supporting people to overcome multiple, complex barriers to finding employment
- Knowledge of benefits system and advocating on behalf of beneficiaries
- Ability to generate vacancies to which beneficiaries can apply
- Use of Motivational Interviewing techniques
- Strength-based approach to action planning
- NVQ level 4 in Advice & Guidance, or equivalent and be willing to work towards appropriate qualifications as required
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills.
- Ability to work in a target driven environment, with a focus on the successful achievement of outcomes for customers in treatment.
- High level guidance skills, with the ability to deliver one-to-one and group sessions to at least Grade 2 standard.
- Working with customers in treatment for substance misuse and/ or disaffected and marginalized from mainstream services, training, guidance, advice & counselling environments.
- Knowledge in relation to the issues affecting people in recovery from alcohol and drug addiction.
- Treatment and health providers, National Probation Services, HM Prison environments of training, education & employment opportunities locally & nationally and of training and guidance National Standards and techniques.
- A warm, approachable empathetic style and the ability to establish a rapport and build relationships with customers in recovery from alcohol or drug addiction.
Ability to understand, demonstrate and apply MGC values: Make a positive difference, Stronger together, Empower people, Do the right thing, Build on success
In return you will receive a salary of circa £25,500.
For more information or to apply, please email Marianne.email@example.com
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.