- Career advice
- Contract & temp work
- About us
- Contact us
Are you a qualified and experienced English Lecturer? Are you looking for a new opportunity covering North Herts?
Our client is looking for an outstanding teacher who is motivated and committed to the success of their students. If you can bring English to life in a way that engages, inspires and leads to high achievement, then this role is for you.
You will develop and deliver dynamic learning programmes that meet the needs of learners and utilise a diverse range of teaching and learning strategies. You will plan and deliver English in a group setting to learners of varying abilities.
- Support the promotion of courses and the recruitment and enrolment of students.
- Ensure effective assessment of students to help to ensure that learning meets individual needs.
- Maintain a safe learning environment by supporting students in understanding how to keep themselves, and others, safe and notifying management of any risks.
- Promote the fundamental British values of democracy; the rule of law; individual liberty; the mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
- Utilise a wide range of teaching and learning tools to create interesting and engaging learning opportunities.
- Deliver outstanding learning, using creative learning strategies that will inspire and engage students to reach their full potential.
- Provide students with academic and pastoral support to help them achieve their goals.
- Mark and assess students' work, providing feedback that supports students to improve.
- Take responsibility for the progress and achievement of all students on your course.
- Champion our Maths and English strategy and embed the development of these in your teaching.
- Lead a programme or course, maintaining high standards of behaviour and performance, and providing high quality experiences to raise students' aspirations.
- Liaise with student support functions, external agencies and parents to help ensure that students make good or better progress.
- Use and analyse programme data to support effective course management.
- Deliver IAG to support students' decision making and high rates of progression.
- Teacher or lecturer with demonstrable experience of delivering outstanding teaching and learning or relevant industry experience.
- Experience in successfully delivering Functional Skills English and GCSE English.
- Ability to inspire and engage students to achieve their full potential and a passion for teaching and learning.
- Organised with an ability to work towards challenging targets and manage time effectively.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject or hold a relevant occupational qualification in the subject area.
- Relevant teaching qualification or willingness to work towards one.
- A*-C in maths and English.
In return you will receive a salary of £25,000 - £38,000 + excellent benefits.
For more information or to apply, please email Marianne.firstname.lastname@example.org
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.