- Career advice
- Contract & temp work
- About us
- Contact us
Teaching and Learning Coach - Mathematics
Are you a qualified Teaching and Learning Coach? Are you looking for a new opportunity in Saudi Arabia?
Teaching and Learning Coaches will be responsible for supporting teaching staff individually and in teams to improve and to achieve outstanding teaching and learning practice. You will focus on the development of teacher practice and how it impacts student learning by implementing and guiding job-embedded professional development that is standards-based and results-driven
Specific Duties of this post:
- To work with teaching staff and support a culture of openness and ambition for excellence in teaching, learning and assessment practice
- To undertake lesson observations (ungraded and graded) and the creation of aligned action plans
- To deploy a range of coaching methods, and to develop reflective practice in all teaching staff
- To lead the improvements in standards of teaching, learning and assessment improving student experience and outcomes
- Identify staff members who are not progressing or not showing willingness to change
Main responsibilities of this post:
- Work closely with the senior management team to develop and deliver the strategic objectives of the CBC project with specific leadership responsibilities for teaching and learning
- Work collaboratively with other coaches in the college to further the improvement agenda
- To be able to affect change outcomes through influencing and gaining buy-in from incumbent staff members.
- To guide and facilitate:
- Be involved with, and take a lead where appropriate, on the development of Teaching, Learning and Assessment cours content and material development.
- Planning and delivery of on-going, job embedded continuing professional development of the colleges Teaching staff, where teaching staff support each other's professional growth and focus on the colleges unique goals and needs.
- Lead training sessions on Teaching, Learning and Assessment
- Team and classroom collaboration which produces shared understandings and thoughtful development of reflective practice.
- Purposefully made instructional decisions (standards based instruction and assessment; differentiation; analysis of student work; effective feedback)
- Promote collaboration of teaching staff, to monitor effectively and adjust delivery so that equity is assured and so that all students meeting rigorous standards with a focus on planning, teaching, and achievement.
- Undertake job-embedded professional learning, such as mentoring, coaching, feedback, study groups, peer observation, and learning teams.
- Lead the development of new learning strategies and support the effective use of learning technologies.
- Evaluates the implementation and impact of professional learning on teacher practices, continuous improvement, and student learning.
- To work closely with other members of the team and provide regular updates and report on progress against agreed targets and actions
- Develop, promote and engage with all teaching staff in innovative methods of sharing good practice and the sharing of resources
- Ensure that documentation supporting teaching, learning and assessment (schemes of work, lesson plans, assessment plans) meet defined standards
- Ensure that the colleges approach to teaching, learning and assessment are aligned to the standards defined in SSS Institutional Review
- To play an active role in supporting the colleges quality assurance processes for teaching, learning and assessment
- Accepts other duties as assigned by the Line Manager
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.