- Career advice
- Contract & temp work
- About us
- Contact us
Functional Skills Tutor
Are you an experienced Functional Skills Tutor?
My client is one of the UK's leading IT Apprenticeship providers, with over 1000 learners. They are looking for an experienced Functional Skills Tutor to join the team to deliver Maths and English up to Level 2. Learners will be based in Birmingham and London so the successful candidate needs to be happy travelling to both areas of the country.
About the role
- Teaching individual and group lessons
- Working with students to design a tailored Functional Skills learning plan to suit their individual needs
- Carrying out skills assessments
- Preparing innovative teaching materials
- Using teaching resources, worksheets and IT to get the best out of learners
- Working with support staff to ensure learning objectives are met
- Carrying out marking, administrative tasks and keeping accurate records
- Providing pastoral support to vulnerable students
- Collate and send FS reports to the Quality Manager
- Managing a caseload of learners around Functional Skills and working closely with their dedicated Skills Coaches
- Work closely with Training Managers to support the embedding of Functional Skills throughout vocational training
- Support the Quality and Compliance Managers around the Functional Skills strategy
Essential Requirements of the post:
- At least a PTLLS Qualification or equivalent teaching qualification
- Level 3 Qualified in Functional Skills English and Maths or equivalent qualification
- Educated to GCSE Grade A-C standard
- Strong organisational, communication and report writing skills
- Proficient competence around MS Office packages (including MS Word & Excel)
- This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check
- Full UK driving license & access to a vehicle
Desirable Requirements of the post:
- Highly experienced in the delivery of Apprenticeships (e.g. Trainer/Assessor/Manager)
- Outstanding knowledge of the common inspection framework
- Level 5 Qualified in either Maths or English
- At least a DTLLS, PGCE, CertEd or equivalent teaching qualification
- Knowledge and competent around the new apprenticeship standards and EPA processes
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.