- Career advice
- Work for us
- Contract & temp work
- About us
- Contact us
Account Executive - London
Full time perm Curriculum specialist working for a national training provider.
Curriculum Specialist - Home Based (Southern Region)
To provide support to Employers and Delivery Managers on curriculum development and innovation across all apprenticeship.
To support all delivery staff by disseminating of best practice in teaching, learning and assessment and maintain effective standardisation practise.
To provide support to Delivery Managers to continuously improve achievement and timely rates of achievement and drive for outstanding teaching, learning and assessment.
To provide vocational advice and expertise to assessors and operational managers across the business.
To ensure all assessment and verification practices across the business conform to the approved strategies by ensuring the following:
- Verifying assessment by:
- a) Sampling assessments and providing feedback to the assessor
- b) Monitoring assessment practice
- c) Standardising assessment judgements
- The development and supporting of assessors
- The management of the quality of qualification delivery and the maintaining IV records.
- Work with employers to ensure that apprenticeship standards/frameworks are designed to meet their needs.
- Ensure that curriculum provides appropriate stretch and challenge for learners.
- Train the tutors in methods of delivery to meet the requirements of the curriculum.
- When appropriate work with internal and employer L&D teams to provide a programme that is fit for purpose and on and off the job training is identified.
- Develop resources and bespoke resources to meet the needs of employers.
- Ensure that all learners have been registered on time, assessment decisions follow awarding organisation guidelines and are verified in a timely fashion in line with IQA policy and procedure and, where appropriate, action plan for improvement to include relevant support and CPD to ensure assessment practice improves to the required standard.
- Liaise with Tutor/Coach on a regular basis to ensure continuity of the assessment process to ensure achievement and the early completion of learner qualifications in line with agreed targets.
- Ensure that all evidence recognises and records progression and provides learners with detailed constructive feedback.
- Ensure that all evidence in learner portfolios presented meets internal quality and external awarding organisation standards and End Point Assessment requirements.
- Conduct mock end point assessment with learners and employers.
- Check Tutor/Coach records are maintained, accurate and up to date and that they correspond with the relevant e-portfolio/LMS system.
- Provide feedback from sampling to Tutor/Coach, Delivery Managers and Head of, highlighting best practice, issues or concerns to ensure improvements in teaching, learning and assessment practice.
- Conduct and support Delivery Managers to complete graded OTLAs in line with the company policy and procedure and ensure that all compliance observations are completed in line with internal quality and external requirements.
- To monitor and ensure that all data relevant to tutors, registration numbers and outcomes are captured accurately on data systems and remain up-to-date with the awarding and EPA organisations.
- Monitor Tutor/Coach relevant underpinning knowledge in respect of their teaching, learning and assessment processes and support continued vocational/occupational competence. Ensure IQAs and Tutor/Coach CPD records are current, detailed and made available as required and support development as appropriate.
- Liaise with and support EQA/SV/EPA visits ensuring dissemination of relevant information following the visit and the timely completion and closure of any action points identified.
- Provide regular standardisation meetings in line with the awarding organisation/EPA requirements.
- Work collaboratively with and directly the Operational teams to prepare for OFSTED inspections.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of SAR and QIP.
- Work with the Operational team in the development of new Apprenticeship standards.
- Other duties that may be reasonably assigned by the line manager.
- Hold Assessor Award
- Have a good understanding of teaching, learning and assessment requirements and have sector subject specific knowledge of the programmes being quality assured.
- Experience of working with Employers on curriculum design
- Experience of developing outstanding teach and learning material to support delivery, including the embedding of Functional Skills and British Values
- Experience of working with delivery staff to translate the designed delivery model into reality
- Have a minimum of 2 years' experience of assessing/ working as an assessor
- Experience of conducting OLTA and knowing what outstanding teaching, learning and assessment looks like
- Commitment to quality maintenance of company and customer records
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to be able to engage with colleagues and learners
- Planning and organising own diary unsupervised
- Strong team player with a positive and flexible approach to both work and collegues
- Maintained continuous professional development
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.