- Career advice
- Contract & temp work
- About us
- Contact us
School Principal - Kuala Lumpa
Are you an experienced Educational professional? Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity in Malaysia?
My client is looking to recruit for a Principal in Malaysia for a leading global organisation. This role is based in Kuala Lumpur.
· Collaborate with the Section Heads for conducting a SWOT analysis for the school.
· In conjunction with the Section Heads, Academic Head and Academic team at RO and Regional Director, prepare a School Development Plan (SDP) and ensure its effective implementation.
· Increase admission rate through promotional and marketing initiatives.
· Monitor industry trends to enable effective benchmarking and learning from industry best practices.
· Ensure development of up to date and accurate business intelligence on competitors and operating environment.
· Build and maintain contacts with current and prospective customers.
· Actively participate and ensure staff participation in parent-teacher meetings and other community groups, as a means of developing understanding, cooperation, and respect for school objectives and endeavours.
· Liaise with internal and external stakeholders and entities to ensure smooth running of the school.
· Accept corporate responsibility for decisions made and ensure that those decisions are implemented.
· Ensure collection of all receivables in a timely manner.
· Relate the educational objectives of the school to instructional practices that yield the highest standards of student learning outcomes.
· Implementation and monitoring of the school's learning policy.
· Develop new academic and interscholastic programmes and track data related to the success of such programmes.
· Recognise and seek alternative learning solutions for students with behavioural or learning needs.
· Work in close coordination with the academic team at RO to ensure that the school is meeting the required educational standards.
· Coordinate with the school academic team to prepare for Regulator Evaluations/Regional Evaluation Team.
· Oversee the procedure for the production of Schemes of Work and monitor the working standards of the academic team.
· Evaluate effectiveness of the curricula to provide feedback to the Head of Education.
· Where applicable, ensure coordination with CIE for the processing of annual IGCSE results and remain available on result days for dissemination of results.
· Continually evaluate existing programmes and practices, curriculum content and piloting of experimental programmes.
· Act as the administrative head of the school to ensure timely dissemination of information to all concerned people/channels and ensure smooth running of school.
· Determine annual staffing requirements necessary and liaise with HR (RO) for the timely fulfilment of the same.
· Ensure the effective administration of school examinations.
· Evaluate periodically and ensure the school's adherence to health, safety and civil codes.
· Ensure repair and maintenance of school's infrastructure.
· Interview, train, coach and provide professional learning to all staff members from custodians to teachers.
· Ensure the provision of orientation to new teaching staff and provide them with opportunities for giving input in academic programmes.
· Professional development of staff including, but not limited to, supervision and performance appraisal of school staff.
The ideal candidate has:
- A degree in education / educational leadership / management and administration up to Master's level (preferred).
- A thorough understanding of international curricula (CIE/IPC) and play- & project-based learning
- A minimum of 8-9 years of overall experience in education esp. in primary and secondary class levels, of which at least 3 years as a teacher
- Demonstrated leadership qualities balanced with strong interpersonal skills
- Openness, initiative , integrity and sound professional judgment
- Team management
- Conflict management
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skillsStrong IT skills
- Strong decision-making skills
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.