- Career advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Contact us
SEN Subject Teacher
Are you a qualified SEN Teacher? Do you have experience Delivering SEN as a subject and looking for an exciting opportunity in the UAE?
- Provide high quality teaching and learning support to their students to develop industry related skills and competencies
- Conduct sound competency based assessment within related discipline.
- Provide administrative, promotional and other support to ensure the effective functioning of the Institute
Teach and assess competencies in a range of SEN and Teacher/Trainer related areas
- Develop and share curriculum, teaching methods and resources
- Advise and assist students to develop their educational and career plans. Raise awareness of the facilities and support available
- Perform a range of administrative duties associated with teaching, learning and assessment.
- Ensure the observance of appropriate safety, health, welfare, security and good housekeeping standards
- Ensure the principles of equal opportunity in education and employment are applied to all staff and students, as appropriate in the UAE cultural context
- Provide advice and assistance to students, employers and members of the community and generally promote technical and further education and the Institute
- Be involved in and assist as required within the corporate life of the Institute meeting quality educational standards
· Minimum of 5 years relevant teaching experience.
Successful teaching and assessment experience in a range of areas within Special Education Needs, preferably in a Specialist Secondary or a specialist post 16 Learning environment teaching young adults across the range of learning difficulties and disabilities .
Ability to use student centered teaching strategies including on the job learning and application of performance criteria and learning objectives
Highly developed teacher professional practice and classroom management skills with the ability to train teachers, trainers and classroom assistants.
Understanding of theories of learning together with a sound understanding of pedagogical and anagogical concepts
Knowledge of assistive technologies and experience in using these technologies with training staff and classroom assistants and students with special needs
Experience of vocational destinations and workplace opportunities for Post 16 SEN young adults
Sound problem solving skills
Excellent communication, liaison and interpersonal skills
Proven willingness to work effectively and to contribute to the team environment and objectives.
Demonstrated high level customer service skills with external and internal customers
Proven ability to implement & evaluate high quality education & training programs to meet customer needs
Knowledge of relevant policy and educational developments in SEN
Demonstrated cultural awareness and capacity to work effectively in a workforce comprising UAE and expatriates.
Proven capacity to be flexible and responsive to situations
Ability to use Information Technology in the class room such as Smart board, ppt. MS Word, Spreadsheets and Database
Ability to use email.
Ability to utilize and maximize web-based learning environments
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.