- Career advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Contact us
Skills Coach (Full Time)
Do you want to work for an OFSTED 'Outstanding' provider? Are you a qualified skills coach/assessor?
My client is looking for a highly skilled, resilient Skills Coach. Skills Coaches are an important part of thier growing Apprenticeship provision so this particular role requires significant experience of Business Administration and Customer Service practices, and a passion for providing an exceptional professional service.
This role is to deliver Apprenticeship Standards and Frameworks at Levels 2 and 3 primarily across Leicester and Kettering.
Recent experience in the delivery and assessment methods of apprenticeship Standards; including the teaching and embedding of maths and English functional skills at levels 1 & 2 as part of an apprenticeship is essential. You should also have a sound knowledge of the Apprenticeship reforms and the new Apprenticeship Standards this role will deliver.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Work closely with employers and the Apprenticeship Performance Manager to develop engaging and bespoke apprenticeship learning programmes; including the embedding of established employer workplace learning.
- Manage a caseload of candidates ensuring timely progression of the Apprenticeship Standards within own caseload
- Ensure regular contact with apprentices, providing exemplary teaching, learning and assessment and ensure thorough preparation for End Point Assessment
- Monitor learner's progression from their starting points and ensure all forms of teaching, learning and assessment for each element of the apprenticeship is completed enabling candidates to meet the criteria of the Standard and embedded Diplomas.
- Maintain candidate records accurately both hard copy and electronically and ensure all evidence for all visits is readily available and accessible for audit and quality purposes.
- Implement any improvements identified as a result of performance reviews and internal verification sampling.
- Engage employers in all candidate reviews, developing positive attitudes towards the mandatory 20% off the job requirement and ensuring compliance to this.
- Proactively work with the Apprenticeship Performance Manager to meet core KPIs on learner progress, achievement and outcomes.
- Promote and monitor the Prevent Duty, Safeguarding, equality of opportunity and safe working practices as defined by Futures policies ensuring all mandatory training is completed
- Attendance at Apprenticeship Team & Standardisation meetings
- Promote and continuously embed Maths & English throughout teaching and learning, providing tailored delivery in the instance of Functional Skills inclusion to the individual's apprenticeship framework
- This role is home based but will require frequent travel across Leicester and Kettering. A full, clean drivers licence is essential
- There is a requirement to pass an enhanced DBS check - the cost of the DBS check is covered by the company.
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.