- Career advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Contact us
Are you an experienced Key worked looking for a new job opportunity with a leading organisation in Manchester?
To work with a case load of 16-19 year olds in order to provide the support necessary to facilitate learner recruitment, retention on programme, achievement of learning aims & progression.
- To engage and case manage learners on Study Programmes and provide advocacy, mentoring, advice and guidance and 'employability' interventions that meet the needs of individuals in order to sustain progress on programme and ensure positive outcomes.
- Ensure engagement with young people is of a high quality and establishing relationships with new learners and assist them to understand the potential benefits of The Skills Company services and encourage commitment to the programme.
- Establish and deliver both group and one-to-one activities as part of learner interventions including initial assessments, inductions and action plans with learners in order to:
- identify individual learning and employment needs;
- oversee and monitor training and other interventions (including work experience) for each learner;
- setting up social activities and support to engage in external activities.
- develop rapport and interaction with learners;
- enable learners to access and use information (including CEIAG);
- record discussions and training sessions on database and co-ordinate further activity with learners;
- support learners with the 'employability' needs and implement future courses of action;
- deliver intervention with students as required, assisting learners to decide on options for meeting their career aims and provide support for planning a course of action;
- prepare and develop resources to support 'employability' and Personal and Social Development (PSD)
- facilitate learning in groups that improves employability and progression through presentations and activities;
- job-matching and job-broking into employment opportunities.
- generate learner feedback
- Conduct at least monthly Reviews with learners, including monitoring attendance and behaviour and implementing action plans where improvement is required.
- Seek ways to continuously improve service and own performance and report to Manager on this
- Networking, marketing and promotion of service to partner organisations and learners.
- Develop and deliver calendar of enrichement activities and work taster sessions
- Level 4 in Advice & Guidance, or equivalent (e.g. training, mentoring or youth work experience/qualifications).
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills.
- Ability to work in a target driven environment, with a focus on the successful achievement of learning aims, and progression into further training or employment for learners.
- High level guidance skills, with the ability to deliver one-to-one and group sessions to at least Grade 2 standard.
- Ability to deliver customer journey in conjunction with other professional and services. Experience:
- Working with and placing individuals in to suitable and sustained employment.
- Providing guidance, advice & counselling, specialist /pastoral support.
- Experience in the guidance, advice & counselling environments.
- Knowledge in relation to the issues affecting individuals with multiple barriers to progressing to employment and sustained employment.
- Knowledge in relation to the support agencies that can assist with individuals with complex needs (e.g. debt, substance misuse, housing etc)
- Training, education & employment opportunities locally & nationally (including Study Programmes, Traineeship and Apprenticeships)
In return, you will receive:
- A salary of up to £22,000
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension Scheme
- Learning and Development Opportunities
For more information or to apply, please email Marianne.email@example.com
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.