- Career advice
- Contract & temp work
- About us
- Contact us
Hairdressing Level 3 Tutor
Are you looking for a full time, permanent position?
My client is a Grade 1 Independant Training Provider based in Nottingham. They are looking for someone to deliver their Level 2 & 3 Hairdressing qualification within the East Midlands.
Tutors plan, teach and evaluate the underpinning knowledge and skills requirements of the Apprenticeship framework/standards while supporting portfolio building, helping learners prepare for assessment and motivating them to achieve their qualifications.
- Follow the City & Guilds/VTCT teaching programmes to the requirements of the assessment criteria.
- Deliver functional skills up to level 2 (English and mathematics, and where relevant, ICT)
- Deliver all peripheral topics (Equality & Diversity, Health & Safety, Safeguarding, Prevent and British values) effectively by effective embedding into planned delivery and enhancing the topics when presented through the curriculum.
- Plan teaching content and teaching and learning strategies with the quality manager.
- Plan assessment strategies with the lead internal quality assurer.
- Teach to the correct level and in sufficient depth to enable all learners to complete their work.
- Plan learning requirements as stipulated in the company quality standards.
- Produce creative and innovative learning resources and training materials to stimulate and enhance individualised learning.
- Include effective functional skills support and teaching within lessons.
- Evaluate individual learner's needs and action plan individual support
- Monitor and take responsibility for learner's progress.
- Provide high standard of information, advice and guidance to enhance learner awareness of the next steps in training, education and employment.
- Safeguard learners at all times and report safeguarding issues
Main duties cont..:
- Record issues and maintain the cause for concern register where learners are at risk of leaving the programme.
- Co-ordinate with the Admin Team, Tutor/Assessors and Operations Manager.
- Demonstrate non-discriminatory practice and equal opportunities.
- Receive and act on feedback from internal and external verifiers and from the quality improvement team.
- Attend standardisation meetings and planning meetings with IQA/management and maintain effective communication partnerships with them.
- Develop and grow the business as appropriate and in line with company forecasts.
- Complete necessary administration procedures effectively and accurately.
- Be conversant with Common Inspection Framework and what makes an 'Outstanding' learning experience.
- Attend, contribute to and complete CPD and personal development programmes as requested.
- Adhere to all awarding body rules and requirements and client's Code of conduct
Salary and benefits:
Starting salary from £21,275.00
Mileage allowance (£0.40p per mile)
32 Days annual leave (Includes bank holidays)
Birthday leave - In addition to standard annual leave
Early finish on the last Friday of the month
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.