- Career advice
- Work for us
- Contract & temp work
- About us
- Contact us
Carpentry & Joinery Trainer/Assessor
Are you an experienced Carpenter/Joiner? Interested in passing your knowledge and experience onto apprentices? Looking for the right opportunity to make the transition into the training sector?
Alderwood are currently working with a Leading Private Training Provider based in Devon. The role is to join a growing Construction department, to deliver training and support to leaners completing their Carpentry & Joinery Apprenticeships.
This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to move into the training sector, as the company offers extensive training and CPD for you to achieve your Teaching and Assessor qualification. The role does however require a minimum of five years onsite industry experience.
If you have been looking to move into the training sector, but waiting for the right opportunity then this is it. Experience mentoring apprentices onsite is advantages, however no essential.
- Planning for programme delivery and producing schemes of work and lesson plans
- Delivering knowledge and practical skills sessions to learners in classroom and specialist training environments, using a variety of methods and resources
- Evaluating the effectiveness of teaching and learning activities to develop and improve the learner experience
- Providing constructive feedback to learners that supports individual development
- Identifying and dealing with any barriers to fair assessment and supporting these with special assessment requirements
- Reviewing and updating individual learning plans, and recording progress in line with agreed targets
- Working with others to support continuous improvement
- Full-time (Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5.00pm, Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm)
- Industry-specific and relevant qualifications and experience, including a supervisory background, are essential
- Good literacy and numeracy skills, and excellent communication skills
- Up-to-date industry skills and evidence of continuous professional development
- Organisational and administrative skills, with the ability to work independently and manage time well
- You must be willing to travel, have your own car and possess a full, valid driving licence
- Willingness to work outside of regular hours to support the needs of the business.
Salary and Benefits:
- Starting salary of £25,000 per annum
- 30 days annual leave, rising to 33 after 1 year, including Bank Holidays
- Upskilling opportunities to enhance your personal development
- Workplace pension scheme
- Discounted gym membership, including leisure facilities
- NUS card
For further information of if you wish to apply please contact Chris Kitson on 01489 873 494 or via email@example.com
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.