- Career advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Contact us
Health and Wellbeing Advisor - Kent
Do you have experience as a Mental Health Nurse or come from a Clinical background? Do you have experience as an Occupational Therapist or Counsellor?
Alderwood are working with a leading training provider who specialise in Welfare to Work and are looking to expand their team in the Kent region. They are looking for Health and Wellbeing Advisors to join their team. You will use your professional Health and Wellbeing skills, knowledge and experience to give advice, guidance and support to frontline staff to enable them to better support participants to manage their physical and/or mental health conditions.
The role is being offered on a full time basis.
Role and Responsibilities:
- To provide support, advice and guidance to front line staff to enable them to effectively support and guide Work and Health Programme participants on their journey to sustainable employment.
- To provide guidance and support relating to onward engagement in local health provision to meet the needs of participants following Support Managers assessment of participants needs.
- To undertake professional assessments of the health and wellbeing needs of participants with complex or multiple needs using agreed documentation and support onward engagement in local health provision to meet the needs of participants.
- Provide face to face, telephone and workshop based interventions for participants with multiple and complex health and wellbeing needs as required.
- To organise, facilitate and if required directly deliver an agreed set of core and specialist individual interventions to support the participant journey under a bio-psycho-social approach. This will include: Brief solution focussed Therapy, Low level CBT, Occupational performance - Functional skills - ADL, Motivational therapy, Strengths / asset focussed therapy, Wellbeing and healthy lifestyles.
- To support and develop a group of local programme volunteers focussed on health and wellbeing activities.
- Provide training, coaching and support for existing and new staff / volunteers on an individual and/or group basis to support agreed developments.
- To establish programmes to deliver effective health and wellbeing support working as an integrated member of the local teams and blending activity with that provided by other organisations.
You will need to be registered as one of the following:
- A Physiotherapist with psycho-social experience, registered with the HCPC
- An Occupational Therapist, registered with HCPC.
- A counsellor/psychotherapist registered as an accredited practitioner with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- An accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapist registered with the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP).
- Mental Health Nurse, registered with NMC
- Clinical psychologist, registered with HCPC
In return you will receive:
- Basic salary of £27,000 - £37,000 pa (dependant on qualifications and experience)
- Company benefits package
- Business mileage paid
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
To apply for this position please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.