- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- Contract & temp work
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
We have an exciting for one of our growing clients, based in their Cheshire branch.
We're recruiting a Careers Advisor to join our clients amazing team.
Are you passionate about working with people and being part of their journey to find suitable employment and to progress their careers? Do you have a Level 4 CIAG (Certificate in Advice and Guidance)? If yes, then we'd love to hear from you.
As a Careers Advisor you'll make our participants feel welcome and comfortable when they are first referred to our programme. You'll need to be able to engage with participants from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. You'll hold 1-1 and group-based learning session in a wide range of settings, including careers events, jobs fairs, pop up venues.
Our ideal candidate might come from a teaching background or have experience in delivering careers advice. Have an engaging personality, are comfortable working with a diverse group of people, and can provide a warm and welcoming experience to help our participants in their first steps back into employment.
We need your skills to empower and encourage participants to create a career skills action plan and support them in their learning and development whilst monitoring their progress to build their confidence throughout their journey to success.
This is a rewarding role that will allow you to utilise your current skills to influence, support and encourages others to build a future, and will also allow us to become better with your unique experiences.
Join us and be proud to help our communities and be part of the recovery ensuring no one is left behind.
In return for your dedication, knowledge, and commitment, we're offering a competitive salary range of £26,500 - £29,545 per annum (dependent on experience) with these great additional benefits:
* 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays + Birthday Day off (with the opportunity to buy additional days)
* 2 Volunteer Days
* Pension - 5% Employee 5% Employer
* Healthcare Cash Plan, incl. 3 x salary life assurance
* Annual Salary Increase in line with national average
* Refer a Friend Scheme
* Free access to BenefitHub - an online portal with access to a wide range of retail discounts, cycle to work scheme and additional voluntary benefits
There's also the opportunity to progress your career within our client.
Interested? There's an easy to apply route below to upload your CV!
Our client is an employee-owned organisation and we continually pride ourselves on our sense of community, both in the incredible work we do throughout UK and Ireland, and internally within our strong team. People are at the front, centre and heart of every service we provide and each decision we make.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30am - 5pm, occasional evenings, weekends and bank holidays
Closing Date: 2 March 2023
- Meet, and strive to exceed, personal performance targets
- Deliver a positive experience, ensuring creation of a careers skills action plan
- Achieve the quality and compliance standards required
- Provide tailored support in all aspects of career management and progression
- Fully understand the labour market and provide relevant advice and guidance on local job sectors and opportunities
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders to maximise referral and opportunities, i.e. local community provision, JCP Work coaches, LA's.
- Deliver Group Sessions with customers in a wide range of settings, including careers events, jobs fairs, pop up venues
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of Level 4 qualification in Careers, Information, Advice and Guidance
- A good working knowledge of the local labour market in the specified geographical locations
- GCSE or equivalent in English and Math
- Fully IT literate in using a range of Microsoft Office programmes to include 365 products and modern digital technologies, i.e. Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business
- Experience of working in a target driven environment
- Experience of delivering services to meet contractual and quality standards
- Knowledge of the Careers/Employability industry
- Knowledge of the recruitment industry
- Experience of working with people in the provision of 'information, advice & guidance'
- Full driving licence to enable deployment across a specified geographical area (region), when required