- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- Contract & temp work
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
Finance, benefit & debt advisor
New role available for an open minded and driven individual, this role is based inside a prison to help offenders reintergrate into society.
Are you an open minded, caring and driven individual?
Do you want a job where you can make a real difference to peoples lives?
We're currently recruiting for 2 finance, benefit and debt advisors for our client based inside HMP Hull or HMP Humber.
This role is based entirely in a custodial setting, whereby you'll be offering financial advice to participants referred
through the prison and community services.
You will be tasked with supporting a caseload of participants (between 50-70) in both the community and prisons settings. You will aid in the progression of their journey towards accessing benefits and resolving debt issues whilst providing budgetary skills advice and personal spending guidance to reduce the risk of re-offending.
The successful candidate will deliver high performance levels, compliant activity and customer service standards on the
CRS Finance, Benefit and Debt service and support the Service Manager to ensure that service and business objectives
* Working with a caseload of participants, in both the prison settings, to progress them on their journey
towards accessing benefits, inclusive of adhering to the responsibilities for making claims
* Resolving debt issues, including the establishment of debt, and rent repayment plans
* Providing personal spending guidance and budgetary skills advice etc.
* Supporting and acting as liaison between appropriate parties, such as landlords, utility suppliers, phone contractors
and other creditors, banks, credit unions, and so on
* Building strong and positive relationships with participants, enabling them to make well-informed choices and to
appropriately assess sources of support, leading to the joint development of an action plan of supportive interventions
* Providing a tailored framework of support that matches service user (SU) learning styles, such as face-to-face, digital,
video and telephony-based interventions.
* Being responsible for following up on service user actions to ensure that timely progress is made with these
* Liaising with National Probation Service officers, and completing all associated recording of these interactions,
tracking and management information details, as directed, accurately and on a timely basis
* Promoting the additional choices available to service users, for example third sector support
* Able to sequence interventions and support based on priority of need
* Ensuring that all required data entry to the relevant digital applications is accurate and compliant
* Deliver training / information sessions
* Ideally to have experience working in training, advice & guidance, and counselling environments
* Experience working with vulnerable customer groups, current offenders, or marginalised groups
* Good knowledge of welfare-to-work and its customer base, training, education, and employment opportunities
* Warm, pleasant demeanour
* Flexible and adaptable
* Must have previous experience case loading or working with ex-offenders or the marginalised and demotivated
* Sound grasp of the issues of debt and the issues that may cause individuals to mis-manage their personal finances or
to breach their conditions for claiming DWP / Jobcentre Plus benefits
* The ability to work under pressure in a high-performance environment
* Flexible approach to work, including a willingness to travel and occasional unsociable hours
* Delivering services to service users who are still in custody, inclusive of attending prisons to work face-to-face
* Ability to work to Key Performance Indicators and targets
* Strong integrity and data security knowledge
* Time-management and strong organisation skills
* Excellent communication skills
Due to the nature of the role, you will be required to complete an online application form and a Disclosure and Barring
Service (DBS) check as part of our safer recruitment process. Please note that the successful candidate will not be required to pay for this.
If you are on the Barred List, it is against the law to be hired for a role that includes regulated activity with the concerned group.