- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- Contract & temp work
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
Claims Administrator - Skills bootcamps
Amazing hybrid role has come up for one of our esteemed clients, they're highly rate on trust pilot and by every member of staff.
Our client is all about making careers happen. As a multi, national award-winning company, operating for over 20 years, we support learners through our unique offering of Apprenticeships, Recruitment and Training services.
We put our customers at the centre of everything we do and that ensures that we run a business where candidates return continually to further develop their career and clients return to us on a repeat basis.
We have trained and developed over 12,000 candidates' careers and our focus on service means we have a 91% Employers satisfaction rating and 90% rate us good/Excellent. Our service is supported by the employee loyalty we have with over 300 years of service dedicated to blending career development with commercial returns.
Our public persona is further enhanced with a 4.7 Trustpilot rating and a 4.3 in Google my Business rating. Other awards we have won include UK's Best Workplace for 4 consecutive years, the Sunday Times Top 100 Company to Work, FE Week Digital Apprenticeship Provider of the Year, Winners of the Great Place to Work award "Excellence in Leadership", CompTIA Apprenticeship Partner of the Year and Best Workplace for Women.
When we say our people are the key to our success, we really do mean it. This is why we work so hard to find the right people for our business, and why we are so passionate about helping every individual reach their potential with us. Our clients team is committed to encouraging equality and diversity in our workforce. We want to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people, regardless of their background and make the best use of their talents. We aim for a truly representative workforce, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
Our vision is to be the national partner of choice across Hiring, Training, Development and Retention Solutions.
Within this full-time administration role, you will primarily be processing and supporting all funding and compliance requirements, that support the delivery of "Bootcamps", following the funding guidance issued by Department for Education (DfE) and Greater London Authority (GLA), this will also include other funding rule provisions following growth in these areas. You will be required to work closely with all departments to ensure company processes are adhered to and these guidelines met. The role is responsible for all of the below duties listed below.
These tasks may change due to the regular time and task tracker review.
Responsibilities by area of focus
Compliance and administration - All funding streams
- Audit all DfE/GLA Funded paperwork and update on issues in a timely manner
- Creating and managing Aptem user accounts for learners as required for funding
- Regular chasing and checking of compliance rejections/issues
- Close all component aims on MI system
- Keep paperwork folder updated with any regular amendments
Funding and Data
- Ensure all MI system records are maintained accurately and in accordance to funding requirements
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of achiever and non-achiever learners with the provision
- Ensure evidence supports monthly funding claim
- Conduct sample audit alongside the MI and Funding manager to maintain and ensure funding compliance is maintained across the provision
- Review with the MI and funding Manager and T&D Manager, funding and compliance requirements in accordance with provision delivery
- Support with any SMT and departmental reporting requests
- Check log and update the in-learning tracker
- Report on compliance errors to the relevant department leads
- Update relevant trackers - I.e Compliance, Break in learning and exits
Audit and Compliance
- Regular spot checks and review of data/compliance documentation according to the DfE/GLA funding guidelines and any relevant funding rule updates
Key technical skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications, management information systems (CRM, LMS)
- Understanding of PICS/MIS System
Essential Knowledge required
- GLA Funding
- ESF Funding
- DfE Funding
Role CPD development will be reviewed and designed around the previous experience and aspirations of the team member
- Free employee assistance mental health support line
- Gym membership scheme
- Specsavers eye care voucher
- Buy or Sell Annual Leave,
- Increasing holiday days,
- Sabbatical leave,
- Unscheduled Leave,
- Quarterly events & parties,
- Community & charity involvement
Company pension is with Royal London - once you have completed your first 3 months of employment you will be auto-enrolled to the pension scheme Employee Contributes 5% Company 3%
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to recruiting, appointing, and employing staff in accordance with all relevant legislation and best practice (Equalities Act 2010). Job vacancies are advertised online to ensure they are accessible to all members of the community. The recruitment and selection process is applied fairly and consistently to everyone applying for positions.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.