- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- Contract & temp work
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
External Communications Manager
Would you like to work in an Communications Management role for a not-for-profit organisation delivering employability solutions?
In this role, you will be reporting to the Head of Marketing and Communications and will lead the development and delivery of external communications for the business. We are looking for applicants from the Middlesbrough and Newcastle areas.
You will play a key strategic role in helping to shape and deliver thought leadership and public affairs events, activities and campaigns. You will lead on media relations and PR, and source, write and edit content across the team, helping to find and bring to life the good news stories which will help to tell the wider story both internally and externally.
With line management of a Digital Marketing Specialist, you will also oversee the company's digital channels and develop a programme of earnt and paid for activities and campaigns to raise the company's profile, brand awareness and engagement with key audiences.
- Leading on external communications to create, deliver and evaluate plans, projects, campaigns and events
- Manage and take forward the company's public affairs activities and campaigns
- Lead all proactive and reactive media relations and PR activity, including establishing and overseeing a press office function and online news feeds
- Deputise for the Head of Marketing and Communications for media and reputational issues/crisis communications
- Oversee the company's digital channels, working with a direct report and colleagues to drive targeted paid for and earnt campaigns and activations
- Be the main writer and content editor for the Marketing and Communications Team, working across departments to find, catalogue, write/produce and promote the stories which will engage audiences
- Represent the Marketing and Communications Team, building effective relationships across the business and with external suppliers and partners
- Measure and evaluate the performance of marketing and communications activities, and support the generation of research, insight and intelligence
We are looking for individuals that have the following:
- Demonstrable experience in public affairs and working with external stakeholders; comfortable and experienced in building relationships with MPs and MSPs
- At least 3 years' experience' working in a busy press office/senior media role, with demonstrable evidence of managing/advising on reputational/crisis issues
- Excellent copywriting skills and experience of editing content
- Experienced at developing and leading PR/comms campaigns, events and activations,
- Knowledge and experience of using digital campaigns and managing multiple online platforms with both earnt and paid-for content
- Knowledge and experience of the employability sector would be desirable
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) Level 3 or above would be desirable
- Experience of managing and motivating people
- Experience of working with senior leadership and ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
- Holidays: 31 days' holiday, inclusive of bank holidays in your first year of service, increasing to 35 days at 5 years and 38 days at 10 years' service.
- A two-week Induction and Training programme.
- Pension Scheme - contribution of 4% from Fedcap Employment.
- Life Cover x 4 annual salary.
- A generous sickness package inclusive of 13 weeks full sick pay 13 weeks half sick pay, following completion of a 6-month probationary period.
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay following completion of the probationary period.
The salary is £45,000 and the job role is being offered on a full time, permanent basis.
For an informal discussion about the role please call Katharine Winter on 01489 873492 and if you would like to apply for the role please email your updated CV to Katharine Winter at Alderwood Recruitment.