- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- Contract & temp work
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
Functional Skills Tutor
Do you have experience delivering employability or functional skills workshops? Would you to help young people from vulnerable backgrounds?
My client is looking for a Employability & Functional Skills Tutor to manage caseload of learners to support them in achieving their goals. You will ensure the very best customer experience is provided to optimise learner progression and outcomes. You will deliver Maths, English and Employability sessions up to level 2.
The role is based in central Southampton and is a full time permanent role.
- Manage a caseload of NEET learners effectively meeting OFSTED requirements in teaching, learning and outcome targets for learners
- Developing a scheme of work, session plans and delivering Functional Skills Maths from Entry Level 3 up to Level 2, in addition to some English and Employability Skills as required
- Undertake induction, initial assessment and reviews with learners ensuring feedback is acted on appropriately
- Building and maintaining good working relationships with employers, Job Centre Plus and other relevant agencies
- Support a caseload of learners through effective advice and guidance and training to progress into sustainable employment, work placement, apprenticeship or further education
- Accurately and securely recording learner progress, setting of targets and agreeing areas of improvement
What we are looking for:
- Qualification in English and/or Mathematics at Level 2 or above.
- Experience of working with NEETs or within the recruitment/education/ employment field.
- Experience of delivering Functional Skills
- Ability to use your interpersonal skills to manage relationships with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and with varying communication needs and requirements
- IT literate and competent in the use of all Microsoft Office programs and internet
- Knowledge and understanding of 'Safeguarding' vulnerable adults and children
- Ability to cope with a challenging and varied workload
My client is offering a starting salary of between £25,000 - £30,000 (Depending on experience), 25 days annual leave, excellent pension scheme, mileage and many more benefits.
If you would like to know more about the role or would like to apply, please call Katharine Winter at Alderwood on 01489 873492
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.