- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- Contract & temp work
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
Do you want to work for one of the world's leading IT training companies? Are you looking for an exciting new managerial position?
Firebrand is a training company with a unique approach. Since 2001, we have enabled over 80,000 students to develop valuable digital skills through our accelerated training programmes, and for the last eight years have been recognised amongst the Top 20 IT Training Companies in the World.
Our courses enable professional development and certification on behalf of some of the biggest names in the industry - Microsoft, Cisco and (ISC)2 among them - and are designed to keep pace with the continually changing landscape of the digital marketplace. From the delivery of our first training course to the successful business we are today, we have continued to grow and develop the products and programmes we offer.
The key to our success is the people we hire. We place great value on attracting and retaining great talent (there are many members of staff who have been with Firebrand for more than five years and some 15) and great importance on differentiating ourselves from the competition. While our approach to what we do is always professional, the strong belief in our Company Code creates a working environment which is friendly and informal and most of all encouraging.
The Instructor Manager is responsible for ensuring the delivery of high-quality teaching through Firebrand's extensive network of Instructors. Management and development of existing Instructors, and the development and implementation of underpinning processes, advice, and guidance. You will be supporting the business ensure brand quality through Firebrands accelerated delivery USP, you will share Firebrand's DNA through our code and guide the strategy of the instructor's presence in the classroom and content development support.
You will have experience deploying performance programmes for Instructors and delivery KPI's, building development plans against performance and business needs.
You will have been an Instructor/Trainer or have proven experience managing large technical teams giving you a broad understanding of technology and what are the requirement for relevant technical skills in the market.
You may have deployed large scale training programmes with proven delivery results.
What we're looking for
Instructor Management & Development (Accountable)
- Responsible for the consistent delivery of agreed lesson plans and curriculum.
- Responsible for high quality instructor delivery within training locations across the global business.
- Responsible for instructor adherence to the Firebrand learning methodology (Lecture-Lab-Review).
- Working with Finance to ensure optimum utilisation of all full-time Instructors.
- Liaise with Apprenticeship Quality team and Delivery Resource Manager to ensure Instructors are in alignment with quality standards for Apprentice deliveries.
- In support of optimum utilisation, ensure all Instructors maintain a range of product knowledge.
- Approval of all leave for full-time Instructors taking consideration of course schedule and development requirements.
- Provide on-going development plans for all Instructors. Work with business teams to ensure Instructors are skilling into relevant skills for the business.
- Ownership of Instructor feedback process and escalation actions.
Management of Delivery Partners (Accountable)
- The negotiation and issue management of external instructor and delivery partner contracts and terms of engagement.
- negotiation and reporting of cost of external resources and delivery partners.
What's in it for you?
The contribution you make to the success of Firebrand's business will be recognised. You will benefit from BUPA Medical/Dental Care, our workplace Pension Scheme and Life Assurance, our Ride2Work scheme, Season Ticket Loan, up to 25 days' paid holiday (plus an extra day to support your chosen charity), time off over Christmas, an annual bonus (depending on business performance), a sabbatical rewarded for long service and free access to our accelerated training. A starting salary of £60,000 0 £70,000 depending on experience.