- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- Contract & temp work
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
Head of Product Management - IT Training
Have you worked in a learning and development environment? Do you have any IT background? If so, this could be the perfect position for you.
Firebrand is a training company with a unique approach. Since 2001, we have enabled over 80,000 students to develop valuable digital skills through our accelerated training programmes, and for the last eight years have been recognised amongst the Top 20 IT Training Companies in the World.
Our courses enable professional development and certification on behalf of some of the biggest names in the industry - Microsoft, Cisco and (ISC)2 among them - and are designed to keep pace with the continually changing landscape of the digital marketplace.
The key to our success is the people we hire. We place great value on attracting and retaining great talent (there are many members of staff who have been with Firebrand for more than five years and some 15) and great importance on differentiating ourselves from the competition.
As the Head of Product, you will be accountable for the whole product lifecycle, managing a team of Product Managers resulting in a high-quality delivery to customers that is faultless, topical and commercially viable.
You will work with internal stakeholders such as instructors, sales, marketing and technology to ensure a smooth development of the delivery process.
You'll apply your technical and logical mindset to understand the concepts and jargon, in order to successfully launch training curriculum to students in classrooms. Working with external suppliers and vendors, you will be responsible for maintaining working relationships in order to address customer and general market requirements.
This role is being offered on a fulltime, permanent basis working remotely. Successful candidates can live anywhere in England but must be prepared to travel on occasions.
What we're looking for
- Articulate key milestones and project plans to key stakeholders and acts as the interface between the programme team and wider business
- Develop a roadmap for the product including;
- Quality Reviews
- Financial Performance
- Maintenance KPI
- Explore new opportunities by reviewing markets, vendors, partners, certification bodies etc.
- Drive research into new markets where the Firebrand methodology can be applied;
- Analyse and score growth opportunities.
- Refine criteria as required to reflect changes in markets, business strategy.
- Review feedback from students, Instructors, Sales & Marketing and Customer Services teams.
- Experience in pre-sales in an IT technical role would be advantageous
- Management of large product portfolios
- The ability to produce high-quality documentation to include business cases and product justification proposals for submission for board approval
- The ideal candidate for this role will have a clear ability to think commercially and align their technical understanding with the commercial demands of the business;
- Management of Product Teams
- Understanding of product marketing models.
- Good financial and commercial acumen
- Grasp of technical product jargon/concepts
- Worked in a learning and development environment and have relevant industry experience
- Evidence of project management from scoping stage to delivery
- Proven capability to research solutions
What's in it for you?
The contribution you make to the success of Firebrand's business will be recognised. You will benefit from BUPA Medical/Dental Care, our workplace Pension Scheme and Life Assurance, our Ride2Work scheme, Season Ticket Loan, up to 25 days' paid holiday (plus an extra day to support your chosen charity), time off over Christmas, an annual bonus (depending on business performance), a sabbatical rewarded for long service and free access to our accelerated training. Salary ranges from £55,000 - £70,000 dependin on experience.