- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- Contract & temp work
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
Schools Liaison Officer
Do you have employability or careers advisory experience? Would you to provide careers guidance to young people from military families?
My client is looking for a Schools Liaison Officer to help young people from Armed Forces backgrounds discover what they are amazing at, broaden aspirations and options within the world of work.
Build and develop relationships with secondary schools and colleges, community organisations and other relevant groups and partners to provide career support and activities to the dependants of Armed Forces Families.
The role is blended homeworking with extensive travel to education establishments along the M3 from Southampton to Surrey, candidates need to have access to a vehicle and a full driving licence.
- Initiating and developing new relationships with targeted schools and colleges, their students, careers advisers, heads of year, agencies etc
- Delivering outstanding customer service through all customer touch points (in-school sessions, workshops, presentations, tele-campaigns, drop-in sessions, events, etc.).
- Deliver workshops and other activities within schools and colleges to prospective dependents, parents, teachers, and careers advisers.
Project development and management:
- Working with schools and dependents to understand their needs and tailor approach and shape operations accordingly.
- Ensuring projects have clear objectives, deliverables, and measurable outcomes.
- Working with Marketing to develop content for Education liaison pages implement strategies, communication and engagement plans through relevant channels
- Utilising social media, digital technology platforms and communications in creative ways to engage with staff at schools and colleges and other key stakeholders
Sector insight and analysis:
- Analysing and interpreting data when required for impact and evaluation purposes.
- Undertaking research and information gathering.
- Monitoring statistics around usage of communication channels and web.
What we are looking for:
- Dynamic, warm, friendly, articulate, self-motivated, organised.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the UK education system and ideally experience working within or closely with an HE environment.
- Ability to translate strategies into creative content to appeal to different target audiences.
- High level of ICT skills and familiarity with IT systems and applications including MS Word, Excel, and Access as well as data management
- Strong networker - able to develop and maintain relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Proven ability to motivate, inspire and relate successfully to young people.
- Good knowledge of UK qualification framework and progression pathways.
- Empathy with Armed Forces personnel and an understanding of the challenges faced by them and their families in finding appropriate and sustainable employment.
My client is offering a starting salary of between £25,000 - £30,000 (Depending on experience), 25 days annual leave with Christmas and birthday off, excellent pension scheme, mileage and many more benefits.
Successful candidates will be required to undertake Ministry of Defence security clearance check which requires applicants to have been resident in the UK for over 5 years. Successful candidates will also be the subject of an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (EDBS) check.
If you would like to know more about the role or would like to apply, please call Katharine Winter at Alderwood on 01489 873492