- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- Contract & temp work
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
Optical Apprentice Coach- South West London
One of the leading Optical groups in the world is looking for an Apprentice Coach to join the team in Ealing/ Uxbridge.
Optical Apprentice Coach- Ealing/ Uxbridge (West London)
Location: Travel in the field
Reporting to: Apprenticeship Performance Manager
Hours: 37.5 hours Mon-Fri
Main Purpose of the Team
Support the business to help develop the talent it requires through Apprenticeships.
Main Purpose of the Role
This role is responsible for delivering structured coaching sessions with a caseload average of 40 apprentices to increase the skills and knowledge required to perform their expected role (Optical Assistant, Spectacle Maker & Customer Service) this includes supporting the apprentice to improve numeracy and literacy skills. This role will also include reviewing what instore learning has taken place and delivering high quality, engaging 121 face to face virtual sessions
- Build and maintain strong relationships to create open communication channels with store Partners and managers to inform and update on learner progress and ongoing feedback.
- Plan and carry out store face to face sessions to agree and plan the individual learning plan.
- Review and monitor instore learning to meet 20% off the job requirements
- Use a variety of teaching, learning and assessment tools to deliver interactive 121 virtual coaching sessions to support the colleague to progress in line with the learning plan.
- Identify and address with colleague and store any areas for support and lack of progress to ensure colleagues progress in line with their planned completion date.
- Support colleagues to complete numeracy and literacy learning to maintain or improve functional skills Maths and English if required as part of the Apprenticeship.
- Actively promote Safeguarding / Prevent / Health and Safety/British Values / Equality and Diversity within the apprenticeship programmes
- Identify and support development needs by working collaboratively with store Partners to ensure required standard is met
- Ensure the apprentice and store are fully prepared for the End Point Assessment process
- Maintain high quality records to ensure all funding requirements are evidenced
- Accurately complete and keep up to date records for each learner
- Maintain occupational competence and ensure all mandatory training is completed and up to date to maintain Continual Professional Development (CPD)
- Take part and contribute to standardisation and development meetings ensuring the Apprenticeship delivery and processes maintains the highest level of consistency
- Contribute to the self-assessment process of the Programme
Key Skills, Ability or Experience
- GCSE A-C Maths & English qualification or equivalent
- At least 2 years work experience in Optics to include basic Lab experience
- Passion to coach and develop people
- Experience delivering face to face virtual 121 or group sessions
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Effective organisational & time management skills
- Proven ability to achieve targets / objectives
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office packages i.e. Word, Excel, Power point
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders
- Clean driving licence and ability to drive and travel regionally