- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- Contract & temp work
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
Dreadnought Crew Training Readiness Manager
We are seeking a learning professional with advanced experience in all aspects of training system integration and transition into service (TiS).
The Training Readiness Manager will, as part of the core DCT training solution team (Training Solution Lead and Training Realisation Manager), utilise their understanding and expertise in the design of training system solutions to deliver a large-scale programme integrating individual and collective training devices and courseware.
The Training Readiness Manager will lead on all aspects of DCT system delivery:
- Lead a team in the integration and TiS of training devices and courseware to deliver a functional training system for DCT.
- Manage stakeholders across the training system integration and readiness spectrum, from Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM), courseware developers, device test and evaluation experts and customer agents.
- Proactively manage potential integration risks, working with the DCT delivery team and wider stakeholder community, develop effective project delivery or change solutions that eliminate or mitigate risks to the solution delivery date.
- Working with the consortium lead validation & verification of the Integrated Training System (ITS) for TiS.
- Work as senior member of the wider DCT delivery management team.
- Lead External Validation activities for the ITS, with Consortium.
- Provide key data and detail to inform the project status to the Training Solution Lead, Programme Management and Customer.
- Manage, coordinate and support all necessary meetings and tasks during the life of the programme.
- Develop and deliver presentations, reports and discussions with customers at senior technical and managerial levels.
- Lead training specialists, test and evaluation engineers and OEMs through the analysis and curriculum change process.
- Coach and mentor subordinates throughout all processes
- Maintain currency and an awareness of emerging technologies and learning practices.
- Create and manage project plans to meet schedule, budget, and quality requirements.
- Manage and solve conflicts with clients, escalate where required.
- Working within the DSAT (Defence Systems Approach to Training)
- Experience developing enterprise wide learning solution(s).
- Managing projects and personnel.
- Strategic and conceptual thinking skills.
- Utilising a consultative approach (customer relationship skills).
- Presenting to management and senior leaders.
- Writing and communication skills.
- Using the MS Office suite with emphasis on Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Working with:
- Training system integration.
- Blended learning programmes.
- Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Valid driving licence.
Eligible for, or holder of DV security clearance
- Working knowledge and experience in MOD training development and procurement processes.
- Passionate about staying on the cutting edge of adult learning practices.
- A project management practitioner qualification.
- Demonstrate qualification, or practical experience in:
- Instructional Systems Design,
- Human Performance Technology,
- Adult Education and Training,
- Human Factors Engineering,
- Industrial/Process Engineering, or related area.
- University degree in a relevant subject and, or equivalent experience.
This programme holds a UK Eyes Only status, Non-UK nationals or dual nationals can not be considered for this position unfortunately.