- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- Contract & temp work
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
Technical Trainer / Assessor
Are you a qualified and experienced Technical Assessor? Are you looking for a new opportunity with a leading College?
- To provide a high-quality learning experience, which will encourage retention and achievement, and ensure all learners are challenged, engaged and making progress every day.
- To motivate, support and progress a caseload of learners to achieve identified outcomes including all component parts of the Apprenticeship Frameworks, within the agreed timeframes.
- To ensure all delivery practices meet the requirements of both internal and external quality and compliance frameworks.
- To provide an excellent service and contribution to building long-term relationships with employers. Identifying learner trends to ensure learning aims meet the demand of the marketplace.
Apprenticeship Framework Facilitator Key Responsibilities:
- Perform the role of Assessor in accordance with the awarding body guidelines to comply with framework requirements (as required)
- Support and agree on individual leaning plans (ILP) based on the individual needs of the Learner and the employer.
- Ensure all learners receive visits in the workplace as per College and funding guidelines
- Provide initial advice and guidance to all potential learners.
- To support the Business Development Team in securing potential business opportunities to ensure profiled targets are supported to meet the business plan.
- To carry out recruitment activities, including Information and guidance (IAG), enrolment, induction, initial assessment, complete skills Scans Pre Vets and identify learner framework components to formulate the ILP.
- Complete or assist in Learner Initial assessments, health and safety pre-vet check and diagnostic testing for Functional skills (when required).
- Evaluate and provide effective feedback, ensuring the learner is able to progress and achieve their individual learner targets and personal goals
- Carry out regular reviews with learners and employers in line with funding. requirements
- To set SMART targets for all action planning with each learner; individual targets to incorporate stretch and challenging actions and encompass employer support
- Ensure that targeted success rates are achieved, learners to be completed by their end date recorded on the ILP.
- Submit evidence for moderation and audit purposes within the learner file within agreed timeframe.
- Ensure all evidence submitted is assessed on content against occupational standards as detailed by the awarding body, embedding English and Maths for all learners.
- Effective and efficient use of e-portfolio One File to monitor learner's progression including all framework components within the learner journey.
- Qualifications relevant to the occupational area advertised (level 3 upwards)
- Recent and relevant occupational experience in the qualifications being assessed.
- A1 / TAQA Assessors qualification or willingness to work towards
- Level 2 English.
- Level 2 Maths.
- IOSH Managing Safely or willing to work towards
- V1 / TAQA Internal Quality Assurance Award (Internal Verifier)
- Level 2 ICT
- Awareness and application of e-portfolios
- Teaching qualification (CTLLS / DTLLS / Certificate in Education / PGCE)
- Experience in working under own initiative and managing time and workload effectively
- Evidence of excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in managing and working with internal and external clients
- Experience of working to targets and deadlines
- Willingness to undertake substantial travel in line with the needs of the role
- Experience in the delivery of Functional skills qualifications
- An understanding of Safeguarding of Children & Vulnerable Adults within the workplace
- Full commitment to Equal Opportunities and anti-discriminatory working practice
In return you will receive a salary of up to salary up to £35,527 per annum + benefits.
For more information or to apply, please email