- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- Contract & temp work
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
Apprenticeship Team Manager
Are you an experienced Apprenticeship Team Manager? Are you looking for a new jo opportunity with a leading college in Derby?
To manage the delivery of engineering and manufacturing apprenticeship provision at DCG including line management of delivery staff and day to day operational support to apprentices, staff and employer stakeholders.
- Support the implementation and project management of employer contracts ensuring this is based on market need and drives effective partnerships with employers in order to meet their current and future skills needs
- Provide clear communication and adaptive management of progress and emerging issues ensuring effective skills solutions are established and lasting relations maintained
- Management of relationships with key stakeholders (internal and external)
- Demonstrate high levels of professional practice, inspiring, motivating and influencing your team and providing knowledgeable and innovative leadership
- Manage the recruitment, induction, development and performance management of your team ensuring that individuals are engaged, high performers
- Manage and develop your team to deliver efficient and high-quality apprenticeship and employer facing programmes
- Manage and work collaboratively with your Team / Contracted Employer Partnership staff and those in support roles, to ensure that the learner has a good learning experience and makes a successful transition
- Ensure that the Team provide regular support and guidance to learners and provide detailed written feedback on progress to the learner and line manager at every visit.
- To develop and manage effective training, assessment, monitoring and feedback planning for the sector.
- To manage and monitor your Team's caseload and other KPIs on a monthly basis.
- To monitor the completion and quality of performance across programmes including ensuring your Team provide regular support and guidance to learners and provide detailed written feedback on progress to the learner and line manager at every visit.
- To manage and work collaboratively with your Team and those in support roles, to ensure efficient cohesive teamwork to achieve national, local and College KPIs etc.
- To inspire your Team to identify improvements by sharing ideas and increasing their knowledge / awareness of cross College strategies to achieve teaching and learning excellence and meet industry standards.
- To manage, establish and maintain effective leadership and communication with your team, the Contracted Employer Partnerships and the College's associated organisations to manage, and be ultimately responsible, for the resolution of employer and learner issues and concerns
- In-depth understanding of employers' and sectors' skills needs and priorities
- Knowledge of market analysis, customer analysis and competitor analysis
- Good understanding of the ESFA funding methodology
- Awareness of the Apprenticeship reforms.
- Managing teams / projects
- Experience of Project managing employer contracts
- Evidence of responding positively and rapidly to changing environments/situations
- Must have basic IT user/computer skills
- Excellent organisational and communication skills at all levels
- Excellent personal/professional presentation
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Able to work as an effective team member
- To prioritise and make decisions
- To use initiative and be highly flexible/adaptable
- Highly self-motivated and able to motivate/inspire confidence in others
- Proven track record of achieving targets
- Management of external contracts
- Teaching experience
- Training / assessment experience.
- Relevant industry experience
- Management Qualification or willingness to work towards
- Assessor and Internal Verification awards (TDLB D32, D33 and D34 / A1 V1 / TAQA
- Teaching qualification or willingness to work towards
- Level 2 English
- Level 2 Maths
- Level 2 ICT or equivalent
In return you will receive a salary £38,000 - £40,000 + Benefits.
For more information to apply, please email