- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- Contract & temp work
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
Are you an experienced Operations manager within the Engineering sector? Are you looking for a new opportunity with a leading college?
To develop, maintain and progress the development and quality of the area by leading and monitoring the apprenticeship delivery, resource management and innovative developments.
- Overall operational responsibility for delivery of the DCG apprenticeship provision for Rolls Royce in Derby.
- Management of thirty staff based at the LDC and remotely, encompassing all aspects of the apprenticeship journey.
- Liaison with Rolls Royce personnel to ensure the delivery meets client expectations and act as the single point of contact for operational activities.
- Responsibility for ensuring that the quality of teaching and learning within Rolls Royce apprenticeship provision is exceptional by working with improvement teams to carry out learning walks, observations and other staff development activities.
- Reporting on all aspects of the provision both internally to DCG and externally to RR personnel and monitoring of KPIs and other performance targets.
- Responsibility for achieving the service levels identified in the Performance Scorecard and ensuring compliance with the same throughout the contract duration.
- Ensuring that the complex timetables required for delivery across workshop, classroom and taught degree elements are delivered in an appropriate sequence.
- Management of the relationship with HEI partners delivering the taught degree component and responsibility for maintaining and monitoring the quality of this aspect of delivery.
- Agreeing, monitoring and reporting on the departmental budget for the provision and responsibility for holding staff to account for meeting budgetary targets.
- Regular attendance (either virtually or face to face) of meetings as required by wider college and Apprenticeship & Employer Partnerships directorate.
- Drafting the annual Self Assessment Report for the provision and delivery of the quality improvement plan.
- Liaising with awarding organisations including attendance at EQA visits and chairing of standardisation meetings.
- Reporting on the development, progress and attainment of apprentices
- Experience of delivering large apprenticeship provision across a range of sector subject areas.
- Experience of managing delivery teams, especially performance management.
- Experience of producing reports and presenting data to a range of audiences.
- Experience of operating in a complex delivery environment with competing priorities and diverse components.
- Experience of liaising with Awarding Organisation in apprenticeship provision including supporting EQA and standardisation.
- Exceptional organisational skills and ability to prioritise, delegate and manage their time effectively.
- Pro-active, independent, and self-motivated to ensure the very best success of all Apprentices.
- Targeted, accurate, attentive, quality and procedurally driven.
- Strong customer focus with a keen desire to deliver solutions that meet client need.
- Passionate about the impact DCG can have and the positive and life changing role that the college can play in the lives of stakeholders.
- Commitment to delivering an outstanding learner experience by driving continuous improvement through effective performance management and professional development of teams.
- Target driven with drive and commitment to succeed, compete and over-achieve across all KPIs
- Ability to build effective, long lasting and mutually respectful relationships with both internal and external customers that continually exceeds expectations.
- Articulate and effective communicator with ability to convey complex ideas clearly and coherently.
- Build and retain effective teams that embrace shared vision and values and translate these into an ability to exceed client expectations.
- Operate at all times to ethical and legal standards and within professional boundaries
- Model and encourage mutual respect, displaying a deep understanding of equality and diversity, Prevent, British Values and Safeguarding with and between Apprentices, Colleagues, and appropriate agencies.
- Be resilient and adaptable when dealing with challenge and change, maintaining focus and self-control.
- Value the importance of Maths, English, and ICT skills in the Apprentices' future economic and social well-being
- Inspire, motivate and raise Apprentice's aspirations through their passion for the sector.
- Experience of managing apprenticeship delivery in the engineering sector
In return you will receive a salary of £45,000 + Benefits.
For more information or to apply, please email