- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- Contract & temp work
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
Functional Skills Tutor - North West/ Yorkshire
Alderwood are currently recruiting for a Functional Skills Tutor to join a leading training provider in the North West.
If you have experience delivering English & Maths up to level 2, this maybe the role for you!
This is an excellent opportunity to deliver functional skills to groups of learners going through vocational qualifications and advanced apprenticeships.
The successful candidate must be able to deliver English, Maths and IT up to level 2, with previous experience delivering to adult learners in work or on an employment support programme.
- Deliver English, Maths and IT from entry to level 2.
- Provide high quality training, using effective and productive training methods to ensure a positive learning experience.
- The successful candidate will be expected to deliver both remotely and face to face, candidates must be happy with both 1 to 1 and group delivery sessions via virtual learning platforms.
- Carry out invigilation's, following guidelines and procedures set out by awarding bodies.
- Assist in the development of learning materials, preparing schemes of learning and maintaining records to monitor learner progress, achievement and attendance.
- Must have experience delivering functional skills.
- Hold a relevant teaching qualification- PTTL, CTTLS, DTTLS, PGCE, CERT ED.
- L2 in English & Maths, with experience in IT.
- Must hold a licence and be happy with travel to the centre, to deliver sessions to learners remotely.
- Salary up to £24,000+ additional benefits including a £3,000 car allowance
For additional info, please contact Aishah@Alderwood on: 01489 898 109 or email: