- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- Contract & temp work
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
Male Head Trainer - Athletics
Are you an experienced Athletics Trainer? Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity in Kuwait?
Reporting to the Head of Athletics Program Director, the incumbent is largely responsible for overseeing the general use of the athletic facilities by all students and staff. This will include monitoring the facility, leading fitness classes, and 1 on 1 personal training sessions. The Athletic Center Coordinator will develop a strong sport and fitness culture at the University. Programs and services are intended to create a sport-based setting that focuses on the competitive spirit, positive social interaction, and the promotion of healthy lifestyles. The Athletic Center Coordinator will also assist in providing and teaching Health & Wellness classes and is highly involved in planning and running major department events.
Serve as a lead fitness and sport instructor/trainer within the University's male sports and fitness programs. The Male Athletic Center Coordinator will work closely with male students by leading fitness sessions, personal training sessions, and coaching an array of male University sports teams.
- Oversee and monitor day-to-day operations of the Athletic Center and associated programs.
- Provide support and advice for all athletics programs and operations, scheduling, and maintenance of facilities and equipment.
- Serve as a member of the Athletics Department, participate in discussions, decision-making, policy development.
- Ensure compliance with Interuniversity Conference policies and regulations and campus sports policies and standards of conduct.
- Lead male University sports teams coaching sessions and lead interuniversity fixtures/tournaments.
- Conduct small group personal training sessions with male students.
- Lead male practical sessions of the Universities credit-bearing Health and Wellness course.
- Support with the planning, implementing, and promotion of interuniversity, intramural, and recreational athletic offerings, including varsity sports, intramural programs, fitness classes and non-credit recreational programs with the Head of Athletics Program Director.
- Establish and maintain suitable policies and standards for recreational groups and teams.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with other campus departments, faculty, staff, students, and community constituents to facilitate community engagement in programs and activities.
- Coordinate and facilitate the usage of social media to communicate Athletics activities; collaborate with University communications professionals on publicity and reporting of athletic events and results.
- Evening and weekend work required, non-traditional working hours; travel as required, other duties as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas and information clearly and concisely at all levels within the University in English.
- Ability to negotiate and reach mutual points of understanding among peers and colleagues.
- Effectively manage task workload and the organizing of multiple projects.
- Ability to effectively grow and foster relationships with other universities, sports programs, and outside vendors to further develop the University's sports program.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects at one time.
- Demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of the University structure, culture, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to work varied hours including evenings and weekends.
- Must be capable of maintaining the confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively and efficiently with a diverse group of students, peers, and campus/community constituents.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Recreation, Physical Education, Sport Management program or related field and/or a high level of experience with a fitness coaching certification
- Qualified Personal Trainer status/certification
- Experience required in competitive sports program (interuniversity/intramural/club) - Governing body qualifications strongly desired.
- Experience managing and/or working with a support network of coaches and staff members.
- Experience teaching credit-bearing PE/Wellness courses.
- Experience training, supervising, and evaluating personnel including coaches and referees.
- Possession of Red Cross CPR/AED certification and/or Emergency First Aid qualified status, or equivalent, or ability to gain certification strongly preferred.
In return you will receive an excellent tax free salary + Accommodation.
For more information or to apply, please email
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.