- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- Contract & temp work
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
Rail Trainer / Assessor
Are you a qualified Rail Trainer / Assessor? Are you looking for a new job opportunity in the North East?
We are currently recruiting for a qualified Rail Trainer / Assessor to join a leading Training provider in the North East. This role is being offered on a full time / permanent basis.
The Rail Engineering Assessor will be responsible for the delivery of effective teaching and learning supporting learners in the completion of NVQ's and Apprenticeship Standards within the Rail Engineering sector. You will deliver consistently good or better teaching sessions and motivate learners to raise their ambitions and realise their full potential.
Working with learners distanced from employment, teaching through a mixture of group learning, one-to-one sessions and e-learning platforms. You will be effectively managing and progressing learners with varying levels of ability, to progress into employment, education or training.
- To deliver programmes of learning and qualifications (up to level 3) with learners distanced from employment, teaching through a mixture of group learning, one-to-one sessions, and e-learning platforms.
- Engaging and motivating both individuals and learner groups to increase retention.
- Identifying the individual needs of learners ensuring that all learners have an individual learning plan which links to their long-term employment goals.
- Devise and implement interactive and engaging lesson plans and monitor learning within sessions to ensure learners complete their learning with appropriate support.
- Work with the quality team to develop and design up to date resources and schemes of work to enhance the learner journey and create an outstanding learner experience.
- Completing all the necessary administration (e.g., registers, enrolment forms, ILPs, reviews, Awarding Body documentation) as determined by external and internal requirements in line with contractual deadlines.
- Complete paper-based and electronic learning records and documentation in accordance with internal and external requirements (including learning plans, attendance registers, lesson evaluations, learner reviews etc).
- Provide ongoing developmental feedback to learners and work with IQAs to make valid judgments regarding learner progress and achievement, marking and assessing work to ensure it meets required standards.
- Preparing, delivering, and reviewing comprehensive lesson plans for all sessions that address the training needs of the group including basic literacy, numeracy, language, and other social / employability barriers to employment.
- Work with centre teams when booking learner tests, ensuring learners are sufficiently prepared and invigilation procedures are followed.
- Manage learner attendance in accordance with company processes and highlight any issues with learner progress with the line manager to ensure inclusion and achievement.
- Contribute to continuous improvement through self-assessment, sharing best practice, standardisation, CPD activities etc.
- Participation in external quality assurance activities including audits, assessments, and inspections.
- Level 3 Award in Education & Training qualification (or equivalent).
- Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement qualification (or equivalent)
- Level 3 NVQ in Rail Engineering
- IOSH Managing Safely Qualification (or equivalent)
- Minimum Level 2 Safeguarding (or equivalent)
- Experience of working with people to help to remove barriers and support progression into employment, education, or training.
- Minimum 5 years' experience working in the Rail industry, preferably in P-way/ maintenance/ renewals.
- Experience of utilising learning technologies, ILP's, tracking processes and monitoring systems to support and track learners to progress and achieve.
- Proven track record of successful teaching and assessment and contributing to curriculum design
In return you will receive a salary package of £28,000 - £35,000 + Benefits
For more information or to apply, please email