- Career advice
- Contract & temp work
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
Welding Trainer / Assessor
Are you a qualified Welding Engineer? Are you a qualified Trainer / Assessor or looking to become one?
Our client is looking for an Welding Trainer / Assessor to join their team in Workington.
- To develop and maintain the current course material including lesson plans and schemes of work for a range of courses.
- Assist in assessing, changing curricular needs and offers plans for improvement.
- Maintain effective and efficient record keeping procedures. (ILP etc).
- To review course content and delivery methods on a regular basis.
- Assume responsibility for meeting his/her course and learner performance goals.
- To ensure all relevant evidence of learning is accurately and correctly documented and completed for each learner.
- Provide feedback and support to learners on a one to one/ group basis.
- To assist in the overall development of the training centre.
- To assist in the delivery of course material outside of the subject of welding/welding inspection engineering.
- To prepare and assist in internal and external audits.
- Have a minimum of three years' experience in industry in Welding
- Hold a level three qualification in Welding
- Have a sound knowledge of welding/welding inspection engineering principles
- Good numeracy, literacy and computer skills
- Communicate effectively, both orally, and in writing, with learners, employers and other professionals
- Proven ability, maturity and confidence to deal with a diverse range of personnel
- Self-starter, able to manage a variety of projects independently
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Patient and shows control in challenging situations
- Can take ownership for problems and assignment to resolution
- Shows leadership when appropriate, but is also a good team player
- Clear thinking and a simple communicator
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification
- Has experience of delivering and developing Engineering courses
- Knowledge of alternative teaching/learning options
- An intermediate level of understanding of MS office applications
- Hold an assessor qualification
In return you will receive a salary package of £31,000 - £33,741
For more information or to apply, please email