- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- Contract & temp work
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
Instructor Manager - IT Training
Since 2001, Firebrand have enabled 80,000 students to develop digital skills through our accelerated training, and for the last eight years have been recognised amongst the Top 20 IT Training Companies globally
The key to our success is the people we hire. We place great value on attracting and retaining great talent (there are many members of staff who have been with Firebrand for more than five years and some 15) and great importance on differentiating ourselves from the competition. While our approach to what we do is always professional, the strong belief in our Company Code creates a working environment which is friendly and informal and most of all encouraging.
Summary of Role
Reporting to the Learning and Technology Director, the Instructor Manager is responsible for ensuring the delivery of high-quality teaching through Firebrand's extensive network of Instructors. Management and development of existing Instructors, and the development and implementation of underpinning processes, advice, and guidance.
You will be supporting the business ensure brand quality through Firebrands accelerated delivery USP, you will share Firebrand's DNA through our code and guide the strategy of the instructor's presence in the classroom and content development support.
You will have experience deploying performance programmes for Instructors and delivery KPI's, building development plans against performance and business needs.
You will have been an Instructor or have proven experience managing large technical teams giving you a broad understanding of technology and what are the requirement for relevant technical skills in the market.
Personability with the Instructors and delivery partners is important to Firebrand. We are very proud of our Company Code which was built collaboratively by the whole Firebrand team. We live and breathe it every day and will expect you to do so too. As you get to know the business and your colleagues, you will see how our code comes to life.
Hungry - Be successful, hit your targets and get better at what you do.
Open - You are open to new ideas and change.
Care - We care about what we do and act with honesty and integrity.
Fun - Work should be fun, fulfilling, and exciting.
Instructor Management & Development (Accountable)
- Responsible for high quality instructor delivery within training locations across the global business.
- Working with Finance to ensure optimum utilisation of all full-time Instructors.
- Ensure necessary compliance to agreed standards (CIF, Ofsted) is maintained and demonstrated.
- Liaise with Apprenticeship Quality team and Delivery Resource Manager to ensure Instructors are in alignment with quality standards for Apprentice deliveries.
- In support of optimum utilisation, ensure all FT Instructors maintain a range of product knowledge.
- Approval of all leave for full-time Instructors taking consideration of course schedule and development requirements.
- Provide on-going development plans for all Instructors. Work with business teams to ensure Instructors are skilling into relevant skills for the business.
- Ownership of Instructor feedback process and escalation actions.
Instructor Recruitment (Contributes)
- Works with Instructor Resource manager and RPO service to ensure a robust end to end recruitment process.
- In conjunction with the RPO service and Instructor Resource Manager
- Continue to develop Firebrand's Instructor onboarding
- Standardise and scale our attraction for new skills and Instructors.
- Maintain a pipeline of skilled Instructors.
- Recruitment, selecting, and assessing new Instructors to meet emerging requirement.
Management of Delivery Partners (Accountable)
- The negotiation and issue management of external instructor and delivery partner contracts and terms of engagement.
- negotiation and reporting of cost of external resources and delivery partners.
Partner and Community Engagement (Responsible)
- Work with Delivery Manager to hold regular events for the instructor communities, both online and in-person events to engage Instructors and Delivery Partners.
- Liaise with Vendors and Partners on market trends and opportunities.
Quality Assurance & Risk Management (Contributes)
- The development, implementation and maintenance of Instructor advice and guidance, expectation setting and management of consistent practice.
- Custodian for the quality of Instructors classroom delivery.
- Ownership of and resolve any Instructor delivery issues.
- Development and implementation of processes to measure the quality of instructor delivery and drive continuous improvement.
- Undertake risk assessments and management to mitigate against risk to delivery (e.g., sufficient instructor depth, on-boarding on new Instructors etc.).
Typical Key Performance Indicators
- Increase in Instructor Positive feedback
- Increase in Examination Pass Rates
- Increase in % Certifications Achieved
- Instructor Burnout (In conjunction with Delivery Resource Manager and local Schedulers)
- A successful manager with previous experience of managing a broad range of Instructors in a commercial and professional learning environment.
- Has been a trainer or have proven experience managing large technical teams.
- Broad understanding of technology and technical relevant technical skills in the market
- Digital Apprenticeship experience
- Proven financial and commercial acumen.
- Strong influencer with good leadership abilities.
- A clear ability to think commercially and align their technical understanding with the commercial demands of the business.
- Knowledge and understanding of CIF (Common Inspection Framework) and experience of Ofsted inspection would be a distinct advantage.
What is it really like to work here?
First and foremost, we want you to have a rewarding career - we will give you all the support and encouragement you need to develop and to be your brilliant self. We have a strong sense of wellbeing for everyone who works here and actively encourage a work/life balance.
Numerous socials & events throughout the year
25 days leave, BUPA Medical & Dental
Salary to £60,000 (Negotiable DOE)